Chapter 2 - Taken

Surprise, my lovies! A new chapter for you because you've been so amazing. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share the story with anyone and everyone you think will enjoy it.

I am hosting a family dinner this Saturday, and planning the menu is such a hard work. Do you mind sharing your favorite holiday meals with me? If you throw in a recipe or two, it will be amazing! Figuring out what to cook is about 80% of the work for me.

Also, please let me know what are your thoughts about Taken ? I am super duper curious. As always, if you notice mistakes please don't hesitate to help me correct them. I love you for your honest feedback - the good and the bad and the everything in between.

More on Sunday, as Sundays are all Taken ( #TakenSundays ) - did you see what I just did there?

Thank you for reading. Stay warm and safe (especially with all the snow coming our way... Winter is here... wink wink, GOT fan here. If you haven't seen it, what better time than to catch up with it? That's my recommendation tip for today.

Xoxo,
SteamyHot

Chapter 2 - Taken

***

Violet

She didn't need the flashlight to show her the gory of the pack's ways. No, she needed the cool artificial light to inspect the rogue before he had the chance to evaluate her. For once in her life, she had to be in control, to dominate the situation, and to dictate the rules of engagement.

The deranged rogue, supposedly responsible for the death of a half dozen of fellow enforcers, was nothing short of a disappointment. It again proved how misleading was any information distributed in the pack. He was in no condition to stand up on his own, much less fight or evade capture. She could only hope he had something or someone to live for, or they were both good as dead.

As her eyes followed the luminescent light, her heart began pummeling faster as different thoughts raced in her head. He once had an impressive built, evident by his large, yet bony frame. The constant silver exposure had significantly weakened him. His hands were still bound over his head by silver infused ropes. Chains laced with silver were expensive, and Violet was not surprised his hands were bound over his head by silver infused ropes. In his state going old school was just as effective in keeping him restrained. He was caged and tortured to the brink of being broken, yet he had managed to stay lucid enough to stare her down, despite his failing body. Although there was still some fight left in him, Violet could only hope that the truth about his situation would be enough to rattle him and help them with their escape.

His cold eyes cautiously followed her approach even if he could only see her silhouette as Violet purposefully kept the light on his face. The bruises which were partially closing his eyes further compromised his vision. But that did not deter him. Those pools of melted lava kept on scanning the room, anticipating a threat. Violet decided he might not be as far gone as he led on.

"Good, you're awake," she stated the obvious, kneed in front of him but far away from where he could not hit her. "I'm Violet, what's your name?"

"They must be more desperate than I thought, if they sent you to interrogate me," he spat in her direction. The spit landed near her foot with an audible plop.

"They are no longer interested in what you have to say," Violet replied.

How do you tell a man you are expected to copulate with, their offspring was more important than any information he could potentially give? There was no easy, nor graceful way to bring it up.