Chapter 4 - Encounter

**Surprise update**  ALERT ** Surprise Update** In other news...*Surprise Update*

Hello, my lovies!

Yes, I am treating you to an update out of the scheduled #TakenSundays. Why you may ask? Well, you've been so awesome to me, to this book and overall to my stories. 'Taken' climbed up to 400+ish rank and I wanted to just say, BIG thank you! Also, 'the Change' is again in top 100 ranked books. I still can't believe so many of you had continued following me since the very first chapter. Thank you!

In personal aspect, my wedding anniversary is tomorrow, and we're 8 years going strong! So this is my present to all of you, my lovely readers. Don't forget to stay true to yourself, and your mate in shining armor will appear! ;)

xoxo,

SteamyHot

***

Chapter 4 - Encounter

***

Special thanks to Eleison Jayona( aka Elkyrie_29) for the amazing cover!

***

Violet

Violet was certain, she hated being a rogue. Even her new-found freedom lost its appeal the longer they traveled. She was constantly hungry, cold and alone. Violet decided, she was far too domesticated to live like this.

Over the last couple of days as they made their way southeast, she discovered she missed certain aspects of her previous life. Hot showers and warm meals were on top of her list. After that first night, she had burned her clothes as her companion informed her they would need to stay in wolf-form the rest of the trip.

'For a couple of days,' Violet mocked his voice in her mind as she trotted, careful not to lose his trail. He had kept pushing forward relentless of the weather. Her fur was soaked, her paws muddy, her body aching, and yet the stupid bushes never changed. It felt like they weren't making any progress at all.

Couple of days, his bony ass!

It's been four days since that first night, and by the looks of things, they right where they started - nowhere. She had no idea how far they had traveled, as the scenery remained constant – bushes and pines to no end. There was less now here, wherever here might be.

The worst of it all was how desperately isolated she felt. He had helped her break the pack-bond, and now she was completely left to her thoughts. That was a torture she hadn't considered. She felt alone, ever more so now that he kept scouting forward, not even gracing her with his presence at supper. She felt the mating bond tug whenever he got too far away. As the unidirectional exchange of blood established a unilateral bond, she could 'feel' him. Where certain aspects of the bond were innate – such as being able to trace his skinny hide's location, others offered challenges. She should had been able to at least listen in his emotions, but couldn't. It only seemed reasonable to conclude, he was doing some major mind-blocking or shielding, or whatever he called it, to keep her away.

There was no mindlink between them. So even if Violet wished to complain of his counting, she couldn't. The mindlink was a connection between pack members, or fated mates. They were neither, and Violet had no aspiration to change that. The few times her beast had sprinted off to give him a math lesson, he had only pushed further ahead of her, remaining out of reach.