[Chapter 1]

After being around everyone for over three hours, which isn't a long time, but we wanted to explore

"Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after 97 years?" Finn asked,

"Who cares? I'm just glad they did." I said, smiling at Finn.

"I woke up rotting in a cell, now I'm spinning in a forest." Octavia said, as I looked at her cautiously.

"Maybe they found something on the satellite. Ya know? Like an old weather satellite or-" Monty said as Clarke and I interrupted him,

"It wasn't a satellite. The Ark is dying." I said, as they all looked at me like I just killed the mood.

"At the current population level, there's currently three months left of oxygen. Now that we're gone, maybe four." I said as Clarke talked the rest.

"So that was the secret they locked the two of you up to keep?" Finn said,

"They kept you in solitary and floated your old man," he said, talking to Clarke.

"My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw, along with Liv's father."

"They thought the people had a right to know." I said, walking with Monty.

"The council disagreed. My mother disagreed." Clarke said, revealing the fact that she was part of the reason my father was dead.

"They were going to go public, anyway, when Wells-"

"What? Turned in your dad?" Monty asked,

"Anyway, that's why the guard shown up before we could. That's why today." Clarke said as we followed,

"That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die today, at least they bought themselves more time." I said, trying to at least talk.

"They're going to kill more people aren't they?" Monty said,

"Good. After what they did to me, I saw float them all." Octavia said as Clarke looked disgusted.

"You don't mean that!" I said, catching up with Octavia.

"There's a river! Let's jump in!" She said as I followed her, attracted by the beauty of the glistening body of water before me.

I heard Clarke and the others head towards us and Octavia and I took off our clothes.

"God- that looks so beautiful."

We walked up to the top of the rock and looked down, before we jumped in, Clarke yelled from across the trees.

"Octavia! Liv! What the hell are you doing!?"

We turned around and smiled at her, jumping into the deep blue water beneath us. As we landed, the cooling sensation tingled but then was satisfying.

"Liv! We can't swim. . ." Finn shouted as we both stood up,

"I know, but we can stand." We chuckled as our soaked tank tops came above the water,

"Wait. There's not supposed to be a river here." Clarke said as I rolled my eyes,

"Stop having a stick shoved up your ass! There's a river here! Take your damn clothes off!" I yelled as they smiled and started to take off their clothes.

"Liv, get out. There's something in the water!" I heard Clarke yell as I looked in the water and felt a tail glide across my feet,

"Shit!" I screamed and jumped out,

Octavia tried to get out but the creature caught her and made her loose her balance. It dragged her under the water, then above, then pulled her under again for a longer time.

"What the hell is that? We have to get her out of the water!" Clarke said,

"What are you gonna do?" Monty asked as Finn took off his jacket, Clarke stopped him.

"Try not to get eaten." He said,

"No, wait. If we distract it, it mighty let her go. Help me!" Clarke said, trying to create a diversion.

We pushed a huge ass rock into the river, making the creature swim away. Jasper jumped in, pulling Octavia to shore.

"There's a huge gash in her leg! We need to get her back!" I said,

•••

"Move!" I screamed, Finn holding Octavia. Next thing i saw was Bellamy running towards her.

"What happened!?" He asked as they carried her inside the drop ship.

"We went to the river, she started swimming, this big ass creature pulled her under water and put a huge gash on her leg. Jasper saved her." I told him,

"I need to see her!"

"Bellamy, no!" I put my hand on his chest, feeling his muscles tense.

"I have to see her!" He started pushing his way to her,

"Bellamy!" I said loudly, "she's going to be fine. Clarke and I know learned how to do medicine."

His muscles stayed the same, even when my hand was on his chest.

"I have to go help Clarke. She'll be okay." Gif. I walked away as he looked worried,

"We packed some alcohol in the bag on the way here. Get it!" Clarke said as I went for it. She held Octavia down as I warned her this was going to hurt.

Clarke kept pressure on her thigh and I poured the alcohol on her thigh, her leg tensed, you could hear her grunting from the chemicals.

I ripped my shirt, the bottom of it and tied it around her thigh, stopping the bleeding as best as I could.

"That feel better?" I asked as Clarke kept her hand on her leg,

I heard a big sigh of relief as Bellamy burst through the door, seeing the blood on my shirt and her limping leg as she tried to walk.

"Here take my shoulder," I told Octavia as she put her arm around my shoulders and walked, limping.

"See? Told you she'd be okay." I smiled at him as I handed him her weight,

"Thank you, Olivia." He smiled at me,

"Call me Liv." I smiled and sat down on the chair, sitting at the side of the drop ship.

"Whew, that was close." I laughed with Monty,