A new/old friend, and an almost-life-changing moment

Donnie's POV

The guys had sent me up top to get some groceries. So I was up at King Sooper's looking at the vegetables. I looked at the list they'd given me and grabbed some carrots, tomatoes, avocados, and various other vegetables and fruits and put them in my cart. I sighed as I pushed the cart down to the meat section. I walked up to the deli counter and stood in line, looking at my list.

"I said next?" The woman behind the counter said loudly. I snapped my head up and realized there was no more line in front of me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I said, walking up. She waved it off

"Oh it's fine, so what can I get for you?" She asked, a bright smile on her face. I pointed out the things I wanted and she got them and bagged them up. As she was weighing them, I couldn't take my eyes off her face.

She looked a lot like Ellen DeGeneres, but she had beautiful bright brown eyes, like dark chocolate, and her bright blonde hair cascaded in natural waves down her back, to about her mid back. I could tell she wasn't wearing too much make up, some mascara and maybe some blush, but that was about it. Her eyes were really big and sprightly and she just looked energetic overall. I had to admit, she was really pretty. I slapped myself mentally and shook my head. No! I'm not falling in love! I don't even know her name!

My eyes worked their way down to her name tag without me telling them to. It read Candance McSanton.

"Now you do" a voice in my head said mockingly.

I shook my head again, no!

"Hmm?" She asked

"What?" I asked, looking at her with a completely oblivious gaze on my face.

"Um, did you shake your head?" She asked

"Oh, uh, no, sorry, I was just... just thinking..." I said. She chuckled

"Okay then, that'll be thirty-two fiftylnsl,fn..." My head started tuning her out, I was staring at her again.

She looked about my age, and damn she was really pretty.....  Maybe she didn't have a boyfriend?...

"Sir?" She asked. I shook my head and snapped out of my trance

"Hmm?" I asked

"Um, you need to pay for this..." She said. I shook my head

"I-I'm sorry, I've been a little out of it lately." I said, "Sorry, how much was that again?" I asked, reaching for my wallet.

"Thirty-two fifty-eight." She said. I nodded and handed her some money.

"Keep the change." I said, "And, uh, s-sorry for my little, moment...." I blushed. She chuckled

"It's fine." She said, "Have a nice day!" she smiled. I nodded

"You too..." I said with a small smile as I walked away with the meat.

I put it in the cart and then mentally slapped myself again. You're just being a guy Donnie! You don't love her! You're just seeing something pretty and wanting it because you miss Lily, that chick means nothing to you! You don't even know her! She's just a worker, and that's all she's ever gonna be, so stop being a perverted ass! I scolded myself

I sighed as I continued my shopping. Once I was finished, I paid, loaded Lily's truck, which I'd been using now that she was dead, and drove to the alley the guys said they'd meet me in. They helped me get the stuff down to the lair and we started loading up the kitchen, then we went our separate ways. I went to my room.

I flopped down on my bed and grabbed the little journal from my nightstand. I'd been reading it for a while, usually a page a night. She'd written a page about each of her friends so far, and today I was going to read the page about this G chick. I couldn't wait to find out who she was. I opened the book to the page I'd left off on, then flipped the page.