Nightmare

Rey woke up very slowly. Her head was hurting and as she stood up she started viewing black all around her sight.

She didn't remember why she was lying down to the throne room's ground, but her memories were clear about what happened before: she was hugging her ex arch-enemy, hoping to save him. And then an enormous spark lighted up all the room and separated her from Kylo Ren or - as she preferred to call him - Ben.

She started walking towards the young man that was still lying on the floor, unconcious.

Why? What happened? Rey asked to herself. How could a hug have such an intense reaction.

-"No! NO!" Ben started screaming while he was unconcious. His legs started shaking harder as the time was passing by, making his arms shaking too then.

-"Ben!" Rey shouted, running to him and when she reached him, she fell on her knees. At first she was scared to touch him because of what happened before but she had to do that: he was having a nightmare and was her duty to take care of him ans she couldn't even imagine how his nightmares could look like. She took the Sith by the shoulders and she tried to shook him.

-"No, please! NO!" he repeated, screaming even louder as his body was in the grip of convulsions.

Rey didn't know what to do to wake him up, so she took his face in her hands and started to shake him there as she was keeping calling his name.

-"Ben! Be..." she couldn't end calling him because she felt a furious headache that culminated with her not feeling the floor under her knees anymore.

She closed her eyes, trying to endure that pain: she had to wake Ben up.

She couldn't see what he was dreaming, but she could hear what he was listening to. A strong voice was calling Kylo Ren, roaring like a lion, cold but determined.

You must fullfill your destiny. Train the girl. She's now your...

But before she could hear the complete sentence, when she opened her eyes again, she was holding Ben's woken up body.

-"Rey." it was the girl's name the first word that came up to his mind. He was sweating and shaking too like he was cold and hot at the same time.

-"Ben..." she answered back "What... Are you okay?"

-"You shouldn't worry about me."

-"Why not? You were having a nightmare and..."

-"Shh..." the silenced her up, putting his ungloved hand on her mouth "You don't know how long I've been dealing with nightmares even without you. People calling my name, people reminding me of what I've done, people manipulating me... Even visions. Of you, of me."

His hand fell back to the ground and the sat on the ground, next to Rey who was looking down, ashamed and sad at the same time.

-"You..." she started to talk, looking back to Ben's eyes "Are you okay?"

-"You already asked this question." he hold back a smile.

-"But you didn't answer." she smiled openly. He let go his smile too.

-"Well, then yes. I am okay. I'm glad you're here with me." he leant back a little.

-"What happened before?" she asked. She needed answers and she couldn't handle to ask that in another way.

-"I really don't know." he admitted "Somehow we rejected each other when we... We..."

-"Hugged? Is that such a strange word for you to say?" she was embarassed too saying that into words: that touch was something so mystical that couldn't be described, that mix of feelings was something more that only a 'holding bodies'. It was like their souls had connected in a strange way that repulsed each other.

-"That's not the point, Rey." he breathed heavily, a bit embarassed too - he wasn't used at those human contacts "Anyway, it's like that when we touch each other something happens."

-"Do you mean the... The hands during the Force vision?" she asked, in doubt of appearing too ignorant.

-"Yes. Then we saw each other's future. And before with the... Hug. And even now when you entered in my mind." he whispered.

-"Did you feel that?" she asked, very embarassed. He smiled as he saw her blushing cheeks.

-"Of course I did. That's why I woke up, I think. It was like I saw you falling from the sky and leaning not that gracefully on the ground in the middle of my dream. You're not a light presence. Nobody is when they enter in someone else's mind."

-"I didn't feel like falling or something like that. It was something more magnetical. I was trying to wake you up."

-"And you succeed. I'm thankful for that, seriously Rey."

She kept looking down. She was scared about that. Did that mean that when she would have touched him for any reason something bad would have happened?

-"I am very thankful." he repeated to the girl, taking her by the arms and shaking her a bit to make her look right into his eyes. "I am." he said again. And they both smiled.

They were still staying in the burning throne room and somehow that didn't bother the two because Rey was with her other half, and Ben was too. And it felt like the world combined itself in something new and balanced.

They were, together, the actual physical appearence of the Force.