Chapter 2

You descended the staircase, staying close behind Karkat so as not to get lost. He seemed to know the way like the back of his hand, turning left and right gracefully and without warning, as if he had walked this path many times in the past. It was getting hard to keep up. Not only was it pitch dark, but Karkat was wearing a black sweater, making it even harder to see where he was going. Neither of you talked the whole way down and the silence was becoming awkward, so you decided to break it with some questions.
"So where are we going, exactly?"
"YOU'LL FIND OUT WHEN WE GET THERE."
Another pause.
"What's up with your skin?"
This question stopped Karkat in his tracks and you walked into him from behind. "I WAS REALLY HOPING YOU WOULD REMEMBER THE TROLLS, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE WE'LL HAVE TO JOG YOUR MEMORY SOMEHOW."
"Who're the trolls?"
No answer.
"Fine then don't tell me..." you muttered under your breath.
After about three more minutes of walking, Karkat stumbled across a dead end.
"Great, now we're stuck here!" you complained.
"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WATCH."
Karkat pushed on the wall in front of you and it opened like a door, temporarily blinding you with the new light that flooded the dark tunnel. When you had finally blinked the dots away from your eyes, Karkat pushed you into the room and you looked around. The room looked like a typical computer lab. It had steel gray walls and ceiling with ordinary flat-screen computers lining the walls. The only strange thing about the room was the people inside of it. They all had gray skin and black hair, like Karkat, but they also had orange-ish colored horns. You assumed Karkat had a similar pair under his hat. A few heads turned to face you as you stepped inside and one of the trolls scampered up to you. She had horns that looked like cat ears and wore a blue hat and olive green coat with a blue tail sticking out from behind it.
"AC scampurrs up to Karkitty and inquires about his mew furriend!" she said with a smile. She held out a hand to you in a greeting. "Hello! My name's Nepeta Leijon, what's yours?"
You shook her hand and answered, "(Y/N)."
Nepeta gasped. "I didn't think mew would actually find purr, Karkitty! This means we might have a chance!"
Nepeta hugged Karkat, which was awkward because she was a great deal taller than him. He did not return the hug.
Nepeta scampered off to talk to a very muscular and sweaty guy with long hair and a broken horn. His other horn was shaped like an arrow.
Then another troll walked up to you. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt with a purple Aquarius symbol on it. His horns resembled lightning bolts. He also had a scarf, a purple cape, slicked back hair with a purple streak in it. Oh yeah, he also had gills. Absolutely nothing weird about that. Not at all. And he smelled very strongly of... Body butter and desperation?
"Hey Kar, who's your friend?" he asked, winking at you.
"OH MY FUCKING GOG WHY DOES EVERYONE AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME SHE'S MY FRIEND?!"
"Wwoah, calm dowwn, it wwas just a question. So are you gonna introduce me..?" The weird guy had a stutter on his W's.
"I THINK WE ALL KNOW YOU'D RATHER INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THAT CREEPY WAY OF YOURS."
The fish troll turned to you.
"Hi. My name's Eridan Ampora, but you can call me..." he reached into his pocket and handed you a card with his number on it, "anytime!"
Eridan winked. Karkat facepalmed. You took the card and put it in the back pocket of your shorts, making a mental note to throw it away later.
"I think I'll just call you Eridan," you said.
"Aren't you gonna tell me your name noww?"
You shook your head. Eridan stomped away like a frustrated toddler.
Karkat grabbed your wrist and began pulling you towards one of the trolls who was sitting at one of the computers. He hadn't looked up since you got here.
"Hey KK. Did you find her?" he asked hopefully, not breaking his gaze from the screen.
"YEAH, SHE'S RIGHT HERE. YOU COULD SEE HER IF YOU WOULD JUST TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THAT GODDAMN COMPUTER FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND."
The troll turned around with a severely annoyed expression on his face. He had two short, pointy horns on each side of his head and short black hair that stuck out on either side of it. He wore red and blue 3D glasses and a black t-shirt with a mustard colored Gemini symbol on it. His shoes were mismatched, one was black and the other was white. He also wore long gray pants. This was all of his appearance that you could take in before he turned his attention back to the computer.
"Why is everyone making such a big deal out of me?" you asked the two of them. "I barely even know you guys!"
The computer troll stopped typing, still not taking his eyes off the screen. He spoke to you and Karkat with a lisp.
"Then I gueth we'll have two re-introduthe you two everyone, thtarting with mythelf." He turned in his spinny chair to face you again. "My name'th Thollux. Thollux Captor."
"Thollux?" you asked, making sure you were pronouncing it correctly.
"No, not tttthhhollux, jutht Thollux."
"Just Thollux?"
The troll's head and eyes started flickering with blue and red lightning. You took a step back, not sure what was going on.
Karkat facepalmed again and started patting the other troll's back, shushing him gently.
"WOAH, SOLLUX, CALM THE FUCK DOWN, ALRIGHT? SHE DIDN'T MEAN IT."
"Ohhh, Sollux! I'm sorry, it's hard to understand you with that lisp of yours sometimes..."
Sollux glared at you from behind his 3D glasses. It was barely noticeable, but he looked about ready to cry. He hid it by turning back around toward the computer, the red and blue lightning starting to die down. He typed some more and pulled up various websites. A few of them had pictures of you on them.
"Woah, wait a minute!" you said, leaning closer to see the pictures. You didn't recognize the settings or the outfits, but there was no mistaking your face. "Where did you find these pictures?!"
"They're from the game thethion."
"What game session?"
"The reathon you're here. I wath hoping you'd remember after theeing KK, but apparently it will take more than that... Maybe thith will help..."
Sollux stood up and then walked over to you. He practically towered over you, then leaned down and held your face in his hands, gently pressing his lips against yours.
You blushed and opened your eyes in surprise, then pushed him away.
"Dude! What the hell?!"
Sollux looked heart broken. Karkat looked shocked. Everyone was staring at you now.
What did I do wrong? You thought.