chapter nine

The avengers haven't spoken of the Frost Giants and their plans much. Part of the reason is because we haven't been successful in locating them yet, and it's hard to come up with a battle strategy when you can't case the environment. I've been trying to help them, but I've been distracted.

And it's all Loki's fault.

Ever since we kissed, he's been the same as before, stoic, rude, and cold. But at the same time he's never been more different. There's a certain tenderness in his words when he speaks to me that he tries to hide, but I can see through it. I'll catch him looking at me with lingering glances, but he'll look away and collect himself as I catch him.

Oh, and he's still been kissing me. That's what we're doing right now.

Loki's fingers trailed up my side and his lips were on mine. My hands were roaming his back as he brought his hand up to cup my cheek, tilting my head so he could deepen the kiss.

The kisses were still hungry and desperate, not tender and sweet, but I was fine with that, I never wondered what it would be like if they were different.

As Loki sighed into my mouth, a knock sounded on my door and I instinctively pushed him off of my bed and he tumbled to the floor.

He glared up at me. "What was that for?" He whispered demandingly.

"Hide!" I whispered back, urgent.

Loki smirked as if he wasn't going to listen, by then the person at the door spoke.

"Seraphina? Can I come in? Is everything alright?" Tony asked me, and my heart became erratic.

I looked over to Loki just as he vanished. I knew he wasn't gone, he was simply cloaking himself from being seen. I hurriedly rushed under the covers of my bed, and fake yawned.

"Yeah dad, come in." I said as Tony opened my door, stepping into my room.

"Hey uh, what are you doing?" He questioned me, confused. "I was going to come in, but I heard noises and a thump..."

"Oh, I was uh...having a nightmare!" I supplied. "Yes I was having a nightmare, and I hit the wall."

Tony raised an eyebrow. "A nightmare? At," he looked at his wrist, "seven in the evening?"

"I-yes. Yes I was tired and I got...scared." I stuttered.

Tony rolled his eyes, and begun to walk out of my room, before he backed in it one last time.

"Oh, I almost forgot what I came here to ask. Have you seen Loki?"

I spluttered, and started coughing, my face growing red. "N-no why?"

Tony gave me a weird look. "Just wondering? It's getting late and probably time for him to go into the cell."

"You still keep him in the cell?" I questioned, confused.

Tony nodded.

"Why? Don't you think he's been there at night long enough?" I asked.

Tony shrugged. "He could betray us at any time."

"And he could just as easily betray us during the day! Don't you think he deserves an actual room? It's not like we don't have those."