Teenage Years

CHAPTER ONE

The cold autumn air rushed passed my face, causing my now tangled hair to release and flow along with it. I briskly shoved my hands into my pockets as I felt the air begin to nip at them.

"Is the cold too much for ya'?" Brooks asked, looking straight into my cloudy, gray eyes.

"Uh, no, I just feel awkward with my hands swinging by my side like that .." I lied in reply, adding a nervous laugh at the end.I looked into his rich brown eyes for a few seconds, then I dragged my gaze back to the sidewalk ahead of me.

Brooks was my best friend, through everything that's ever happened too me, he was right by my side the whole time. He's known me since the 7th grade. I've always had a crush on him; he's 6'1, has gorgeous bronze locks, British, and has the best body figure. The best feature on him is his eyes, and all the things I see in them. As hard as I could ever try and resist, I could always drown in his beautiful brown eyes.

"Kass, are you okay?" Brooks asked as I felt his index finger gently lift up my head until my eyes met his. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as they suddenly burned into a bright red. He looked as if he was studying my eyes for some sense of emotion as a small smile faded onto his face. After seeing this, a small smile faded upon my lips as well.

"You're such doll Kass" Brooks laughed with a wink as he let my head fall and he looked up too see his home awaiting his return.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later then Brooks?" I asked him, pushing a clump of my hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, you should get home before it gets dark" Brooks said as he walked up the steps to his home.

" I will, don't worry about me! " I replied, walking along the sidewalk away from him home.

" Okay, if you say so. Goodnight love. " He said in a thick British accent.

I swooned at his words. I don't know what I would do without him.

While I was thinking of Brooks, I didn't notice the dip ahead of me and tumbled onto the ground, face first. As I laid there, stunned by the fall, I heard footsteps running my way.

"Uhm, are you alright ma'am? " I heard a stern voice call as I suddenly felt someone helping me up too my feet. I looked up to see the face of my savior. I looked up and realized that it was Andrew Jensen, a smart kid in my economy class. He sat directly in front of me. 

"T-Thnaks .." I studdered, embarrased by my fall and stood up, walking straight passed him.

"You took a pretty hard fall, are you sure?" Andrew asked, a hint of worry in his voice as he stood up behind me. 

"Yeah, I'm alright .." I said queitly, as I heard him begin too walk behind me, retracing my footsteps. 

"Hey, I know you, you're that girl in my economy class! The one who sits in the third row, am I wrong?" he said, adding a soft chuckle at the end of his sentence. 

My cheeks were now raging with color and embarrasment as I looked down at the grass inbetween the concrete slits, then I replied, trying to sound confindent with myself  "Yes, that's me .. I think i should be going now .. " I began to walk a bit faster. 

"Uh, I can walk you home if you want, It's starting to get late. I wouldn't want you too get hurt again. " I heard Andrew jog up to me and catch his breath. 

"I mean, only if you want to, I don't want to force you to do anything. I wouldn't really mind . " I said, surprised he didn't comment on my messy hair. I've never really took much pride in my hair, nor did I like to walk by myself at night. "Who does like to walk by themselves?" I though to myself. 

"Okay, where do you live exactly? Are we close orr ..?" He laughed, looking down at me in question. 

"Oh, yeah, we're close. kinda." I smiled, looking up at him in assurance. 

"Great " He smiled back and continued to look ahead. "Oh, by the way, I'm andrew." he held out his hand to me. 

I willingly shook his hand politley "I'm Kassandra, but everyone calls me Kass for short." I said, grinning at him. "Everyone does NOT call me kass. What the hell are you doing?" I thought to myself, trying to answer my own question. 

"Hah, Kass huh? It's very pretty ." he laughed, shaking my hand back, then releasing ending the meeting. 

"Yeah, I don't like it but I guess everyone else does." I hesitated , shoving my hands back into my pockets. I hadn't noticed the temperature dropping as we met.  

"But it's not bad, it's really great. Can I ask you something?" I said, looking ahead of us still. I suppose trying to beat the cold. 

"Sure.." I replied, scared of what he might ask me. 

"How come you always sit in the back? You could sit anywhere you wanted but you choose there, why?" 

His question hit me like ten tons on my chest. "Why do I always sit in the back?" I asked myself, searching for an acceptable response. 

"Well, uh, I don't know. I guess I just sorda belong there, in the back of the classroom." I shyly replied, looking down at the pavement again. 

"You should sit next to me, only if you'd like. " He asked as we aproached my house. 

"Sure, I'll see if I like it there" I walked up to my door step, looking at he still on the sidewalk. 

"Then I guess I'll see you at school Monday?" He said, giving me a brillinant smile. 

" I guess so. Goodnight Andrew " I smiled back at him, suddenly feeling warm again. 

"Goodnight Kass" I said, putting his hands into his pockets as he walked donw the street into the night. 

I opened to the door to see my mother looking through the blinds at Andrew walking down the road. I laughed at her, she was smiling and she looked up at me, smiling even brighter at the sight. 

"Who was that? Was that your boyfriend?! Why haven't I met him?" She said, a slightly shocked tone in her voice. 

"Noo, that was my friend Andrew, he was walking me home, okay?" I laughed, walking upstairs slowly to my bedroom. 

"Mhm, you have all these 'guy" friends and no boyfriends. You must be picky, you've been teasing that boy Brooks for awhile now .." Actually he's been teasing me .." why don't you two just date? Poor guy must be dying to date you honey." she lectured, walking into the kitchen to the sink washing her hands as i continued my way up the stairs. When I finally reached my room I curled up into my blanket, relieving myself of the cold and drifted to sleep, letting the warm blanket carry me away. 

Honestly, I couldn't wait until Monday.