Chapter 17: Broken

The man copied Kaleb's intro to the dance, he bowed first before starting the dance. He gently took my hand and danced through the dance floor, he wan't as graceful as Kaleb but he's also good. I can see the moonlight at this angle, it was beautiful. The dark sky was shimmering with stars, making every moment of this night romantic.

I watched Kaleb on the corner of my eyes while dancing. He has this unreadable look plastered on his face and I kind of heard him humming a part of I Wish by One Direction.

"Cause I got three little words that I've always been dying to tell you." He hummed softly to himself as he watch us dance under moonlight that was a bit covered by the gazeebo's roof. I saw Kaleb light up a bit but it immediately died down, the way a fire would act whenever the oil were all chewed up. He's dying inside, I can sense it.

Dancing with this man feels different. It's like I'm actually enjoying it more than I am with Kaleb. I wonder who this guy is. Is he magical? I love Kaleb and only Kaleb, nobody can make me feel like this until this guy came.

The guy returned me to Kaleb to continue dancing and he walked away. Kaleb gently took my hand and said, "I saw how you look at that guy."

"How did I look at that guy?"

"You look at him like you like him. You don't look at me like that." Kaleb said, with hurt in his eyes and voice.

"Kaleb! I'm sorry. I didn't notice that!" I really didn't notice myself doing that. I never really meant to hurt Kaleb like this, it makes me feel so guilty.

"Come on, let's just go in." Kaleb slightly smiled and led me inside. We went in and found the ballroom dimly lit. Almost everyone was slow dancing.

"Just in time." Kaleb said. We walked to the dance floor and continued our dance. "Here goes nothing." he shrugged and finally whispered, "I love you, Camille Cassidy."

"Oh Kaleb, that's so sweet." I blushed, "I love-"

Someone suddenly poked Kaleb's shoulders telling him that he'll cut in. The funny thing is, it's the same man who cut in a while ago. Of course, Kaleb's a gentleman, he allowed the man to cut in. Why, oh, why does he have to choose these times to cut in? How annoying.

While I was dancing with the mystery guy, I was looking at Kaleb, walking towards the buffet table. I looked at the man, for the first time. When I looked straight at his stunning green eyes, everything around us suddenly dimmed, a spotlight was shown to us and it sparkled. Who is this guy? How can he do this? I tried to observe his face, my eyes felt like it was controlled, I think I'm starting to fall for this guy. What kind of spell is this? No, Camille, self control please, these aren't true feelings.

"Hi, I'm Travis Stanwood."

"I'm Camille Cassidy." I smiled politely.

"Yeah, I know. I've been trying to find you for like forever."

I was pretty dumbfounded by that. I don't recall knowing someone named Travis Stanwood, "Where are you from? How did you know who I am?" I asked.

"From the place where I want to bring you to. Well, when I was growing up, I have this name stuck in my head and it's like I'm destined to find who she is and maybe also to love her." Travis lifted my chin using the tip of his finger to make me look at him straight to the eyes. After that he looked away and continued talking, "I don't know what my parents did to me but it's like I can't love anyone else but you." He twirled me while we danced. My body follows the flow, dancing with this man makes me feel so graceful.

As we phased through the elegant dance floor that changes its color, I saw Kaleb again. He was dancing with that freak. Thalia. Why is she here? Is this a set up? I can see in Kaleb's eyes that he was enjoying, that made my heart crumple. He gave me to this man just to dance with Thalia? Wait, he said he loves me. Maybe, Thalia asked him. I let that thought slip for a while but then I saw Kaleb hug Thalia really tightly! My blood went to my head, I can't believe this! Wait, maybe this is a test. I look at Travis like I like him then he does that. No, no, no, this can't be. Kaleb saw me looking at him and I saw fear and hurt in his eyes.

My eyes was caught by the grandfather clock that was at the end of the room. It was almost 11:50! I need to get home soon or I'll be dead! How can I go home anyway? I ran out of the palace leaving Travis, I can feel both Travis and Kaleb chasing me but i didn't look back because if I do, everything will break me. I kept on running, the strap of one of my shoe broke. If I continue wearing it, it will slow me down so, I left it lying on the steps of their front porch. I called a cab and went home smudging my mascara with tears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait guys!

It's really busy at school, assignment here, assignment there, quiz here, quiz there. and the teachers aren't even any help! They stock up all the works in one day!

Thank you for understanding.:)

-Cayle Cooper