see you in detention

"Mr. Howell!" My dreams were abruptly interrupted by a book slamming against my desk. I had been using that as a pillow, and now that pillow had betrayed me. After all we'd been through! I was so distraught about the pillow stuff that I almost forgot about the angry teacher in front of me. I said almost. I never forget anything, no matter how hard I try and believe me, I've tried so hard.
"Uh, yea Ms. Smith?" I finally answered, pausing my toxic thoughts.
"I asked you a question." She huffed.
Oh, right. Shit. I wasn't listening, well obviously, I was asleep. She knows that, she's just trying to mess with me.
"Well, ma'am," I made an emphasis on the ma'am to show her I wasn't taking her shit today, "if you saw, I was clearly sleeping. So what makes you think I know the answer to your question. Let alone heard it. Hm?" I smirked.
This sudden burst of confidence surprised me, Ms. Smith, and the rest of the class. I'm known as the resident introvert, the anxiety and depression-ridden kid, the guy that is bullied by everyone just for fun. I'm like a common Pokémon that everyone keeps on catching and never gets tired of it. But I sure do get tired of it.
"Uh M-mr. Howell! I did not expect this kind of disrespect from you. Detention!" Ms. Smith screeched.
I suddenly shrunk, the boost of cockiness had left as quick as it came.
"Fuck." I said under my breath. I cannot get detention. What if he's there? I have to get out of here. All of these thoughts swarmed my mind making me shake.
"Ms. Smith, the freak is about to have another attack." Said John, one of my bullies. He was the main one, I hate him with all my heart, soul, and mind. Ms. Smith stifled a laugh and that was when I jumped out of my chair and rushed to the bathroom. I went to my best friend, the biggest stall, we've been through thick and thin together. He's seen my head get dunked into his toilet, me being punched like there was no tomorrow and hoping there wasn't, and me breaking down and wishing for death.
Tears started to fall. God, I'm so pathetic.
Knock knock
I jumped at the sudden noise.
"Hello? Is anyone in here?" The voice called out.
No. No no no no. It's him.
Let me elaborate.
There's this guy right? Everyone loves him. His name is Phil. He uses people and his popularity for pleasure and sex. I, personally, do not want to get used, but he's so damn cute. You'll never actually hear me admit it out loud, but he is. He's also one of my bullies, kind of. He just stands there while I get hurt, looking right through me. As if I'm not even there. There's more to our backstory, but I really don't want to get into it now.
Knock knock
"I can see your feet." Phil says calmly.
"Go away." I mumbled.
"Oh, if it isn't our sweet Dan. Why don't you come on out." Phil teased.
"No." I said unsteadily.
"Why love? Are you afraid? I won't hurt you, not if you don't hurry the hell up." Phil spat.
The truth is I was afraid, very afraid. I'm always afraid.
"I'm not y-your l-love." I stuttered.
"Whatever you say, love." Phil loves to annoy me, he does it like it's his job.
I did not want to go out there, but my hand disobeyed my orders and opened the door anyway.
"Good bo-" Phil abruptly stopped mid-sentence and eyed my puffy, red, and brown orbs.
"Y-you were crying." Phil was the one stuttering now.
"No shit, Sherlock." I said and pushed past him, but was stopped by him grabbing my arm tightly.
"Ow! Let go." I yelped.
Phil slipped a piece of paper into my pocket and winked at me.
"Call me." He said and let me go, but not before he slapped my ass.
"See you in detention!" He called after me before I slipped behind the door.
Of course I would see him.
I fucking hate my life.