Worst day ever

Elio

I cried in front of the fireplace.

I was in pain.

I belonged to him. I guess He had never belonged to me. He was somebody else's.

Not mine.

Never mine.

I sobbed in pain.

" Elio ?" A voice behind me asked I looked around to see mom. I ran to her and threw my arms around her. " What's happened sweetheart?" Mom asked stroking my hair.
" He's getting married!" I cried sobbing.

" Oh sweetheart there are many other men who aren't Oliver " Mom said frowning.

" I know " I said sighing " But he's the only one that I want "

" I'm sorry things didn't work out " Mom said smiling at me sadly.

I nodded.

" Will You be okay?" Mom asked me.

No. No I wasn't.

I loved Oliver so much. And he was giving everything up. Our summer. Our love.

" No !" I said sobbing. " Elio " Mom said smiling sadly.

" Well want to drive with me to the market ?" Mom asked me.

Maybe that would be a good distraction.

" Yes " I said frowning.

We drove by Marzia's house and picked her up so she could come to the market with us.

" Hey handsome!" Mar said smiling " We're just friends Marzia!" I groaned. " I know gosh I'm just teasing what's got you in such a bad mood?!?" Mar asked. " Doesn't matter let's just go to the market and get on with life, please?" I asked frowning.

" Gosh fine !" Mar said frowning " At least let's listen to some music!" Mar said turning on the radio.

The song played.

The song Oliver and I danced to at the party.

The time I realized I belonged to him.

" Can we turn off the music?!?" I asked irritated.

Marzia stared at me as if I were crazy. I shrugged and switched the radio off.

" Are You crazy that's like your favorite song of all time!" Marzia said frowning.

" Yeah well it's not anymore ok so just shut up!" I said groaning.

I put my head between my legs.

" Elio are you crying?" Marzia asked me. " Oh Elio! Don't worry Marzia it's kind of a long story the reason why he's crying " Mom said frowning.

" Ah it's because of Oliver isn't it?" Marzia asked.

I nodded.

" Aww poor baby!" Marzia said chuckling and stroking my hair.

" Shut up Mar !" I said frowning.