chapter 5

Taehyung POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard jungkook gasp when I marked him. My heart skipped a beat, now knowing that he is my mate. I pulled back, my eyes immediately locking onto his face.
I flicked my tongue over my bottom lip, bitting it a bit from being slight nervous when his brown eyes started turning into a glowing chestnut color.
I stared into his entrancing eyes until they fell shut, hiding the beauty.

My ears twitched as I heard shuffling. My nose twitched as well, I didn't even have to look back to know that it was Suga who had entered the room.

I kept my eyes locked on my mate's
closed eyes, my mind swarming with so many questions.
I wanted to ask Suga about mates, since he already had his own, one from another pack, but that could wait a bit longer.

"Where is Hoseok?"

I asked, but Suga didn't give me the response that I wanted, instead he gave me a response to a question I hadnt asked.

"Taehyung, you have to hold him. You can only share the pain with physical contact."

All of this was new to me. I may be an alpha, but I never even bothered to learn about mates yet.

I didn't think I would ever get one, especially not this suddenly.

I examined his head for any changes. He didn't have ears.. Why didn't he have ears?

Suga must have noticed my confusion, and decided to speak up.

"Tae, he will get his ears soon. It'll be a painful process, but he will be fine as long as you are there to take some of the pain. Now go you dumbass, hold him already."

I nodded my head slowly, ignoring the comment he made.
I could let it slip just this once.

I gently picked him up from his under arms and pulled him onto my lap.
My eyes widened and I whimpered loudly.
My shoulder started to burn and throb. I quickly cast my gaze over to Suga.

"It's okay Tae, it'll end soon. Now go get some rest with the boy, it'll help the time pass, and before you know it, he'll be all healed."

With a small noise of agreement, I changed Jungkook's position, my arm going under his knees.

Ignoring the pain in my shoulder, I picked him up bridal style and started towards the door. Looking at Jungkooks clothes, I spun around to ask suga one last thing.

"His clothes are ruined.."

Sugas ear twiched, as he answered slowly.

"Me...me and my mate will go to his house and retrieve his things."

My eyes widen. I protested

"Suga, no you cant-"

My words were cut off with a small growl from suga,

"Taehyung if you were caught and shot and if jungkook got hurt then what the hell would me and Hoseok do without a leader and jungkook without a mate to heal him?"

I stood in silence, after a couple of seconds I turned back around starting to head towards my room quietly.

I walked quietly trying not to wake up Jungkook, but I stopped in my tracks when I caught sight of Hoseok's bedroom door hearing a small whimper come from the male.

I sucked in a contemplating breath before softly pushing the door open, using my back.

"Hoseok... Are you alright?"

I asked quietly, knowing that he must be hurting emotionally.
I bit the inside of my cheek when he glared at me with his tear filled eyes.

"Taehyung why did you mark that boy?"

I could hear the sadness in his tone, making me feel slight pity.

I looked away, giving jungkook a little squeeze.
I had a hard time organizing my thoughts to explain, but you could tell Hoseok was getting impatient.
He cleared his throat and I panicked.

Without thinking about my word choice, or if what I was saying was true or not, I spoke up. The only thing in my mind now was me not wanting to hurt the male any more that he is hurting now.

"It's my fault he's hurt, I had to take
responsibility. I-I only did that so he would heal faster so we can hurry and get rid of him. I don't even want him as my stupid mate."

I felt my heart drop as I heard Hoseok's reply.

"Good."

He spoke, smiling happily towards me. I forced my lips into a smile before I spun on my heel and left.

Jungkook POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up slowly, not making a noise. I was going to speak up until I heard Taehyung speak.

"It's my fault he's hurt, I had to take responsibility. I-I'm only did that so he would heal faster so we can hurry and get rid of him. I don't even want him as my stupid mate."

My eyes widened in the slightest, and they locked onto Hoseok's eyes. He had noticed I was awake.

"Good."

He smiled, his darkening eyes still locked with my own watery ones. I felt a tear slip out and I Immediately closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep once more, when I felt Taehyung turn around to head for his room.

I could feel my stomach drop as Taehyung's words repeated in my head again. My heart ached and I wanted to cry. I didn't cry however, I had no reason to... I shouldn't be feeling like this.. Why was I so sad over this?

Am I falling for Taehyung?

A/n (((: I don't have much to say but a big thank you to my editor @dipp_stick it means a lot to me when you help me with this story <3

Edited
03.25.18
Writer
©️itsyaboiuhhjhoe
Editor
©️Dipp_Stick
Book cover
©️TaeSic_