eighteen// phone

"So you're telling me that Calum is..."

"Yup" the boy nodded proudly and sipped on his drink.

"Nah, no way. I don't think so."

"Fine. Suit yourself. But seriously, he is distant to girls right? And quite some boys too?"

"God, Luke! Calum isn't gay."

"Ugh, I give up" he rolled his eyes, "I don't really know, he just hates girls" Luke sighed while fixing his beanie.

I was wandering around the mall and just accidentally bumped to this giant, literally bumped. And now were here still wandering around, talking about Calum.

"Any background about his childhood and shit, I don't know" I arched one eyebrow at him.

"Well, one is that he's from a broken family. Should I really tell you this? Because its quite personal"

"I'll keep quiet" i smiled at him, eager to know more about the mysterious monkey.

"He lives with his mom and that's all. His sister lives with their dad but I think she has her own place now but yeah, they're separated. Two, is that he's gay"

"Oh, shut up" I rolled my eyes and wandered my eyes around, "what does his sister look like?"

"Pretty" he plainly shrugged.

"Oh"

We kept walking and walking until we decided to walk out of the mall and go somewhere else. To be honest, Luke was this awkward but nice guy. Ya know? I stopped on my tracks and sat on a swing, we were at the park. The nearest park we've found. "God, I remember playing here" I sighed. This was the park that me and my old friend used to go to.. Like, everyday. Literally speaking. No sarcasm. If it wasn't his backyard then we'd be here.

"You were born here but..." He trailed off.

"Yup"

"Because of your dad?" He asked looking down at me.

"Exactly." I raised my hand to give him a high-five. But i guess he didn't get the catch. "What? No high-five?" I asked him.

He shook his head and chuckled, ruffling my hair and messing it up. "Hey!" I whined whilst standing up and fixing it and trying to reach his.

"I wouldn't even try if I were you" He continued to laugh and dodge my attempts of messing his hair up.

"Unfair!" I stomped my foot, "You're too tall"

He nodded and patted my head telling me I've done the right decision. If you talk metaphorically, Luke's height are my dreams and they're so high that I couldn't reach them at all and I'd just give up. That was deep ok, applause! He sat back on a swing and I sat on one next to his, "tell me about Calum, please?"

"No story time for you" he rolled his eyes and pushed his self back and forth.

"Eh? Tell me why he hates making friends" I literally whined, Luke just stared at me, giving me an uneasy feeling. "What?"

"I don't know. Its just that, I've never seen someone so interested in Calum before, sorry."

"What do you mean interested?! I do not like Calum in any way, I just want to know things about him"

"Yeah, whatever but I tell you, no one has ever acted like this before except maybe for his girl best friend i don't know." He shrugged putting emphasis on the gender.

Besfriend?!

"Calum has a girl best friend, seriously?" My eyes were wide open and i guess my mouth was too. Wait, I couldn't take it in. This is too much. Lol at me.

"Well, is that what you wanted to talk about?" Luke looked straight in front of him and stood still, "ask him yourself." He smirked and left me staring at him. What the hell is wrong with that boy?

"Hey"

"Ah shit!" I exclaimed, "ow" I stared down at my feet. "You startled me" I rolled my eyes and looked up at Calum who was standing before me. I was on the ground. Well, I kind of actually fell off the swing due to the small heart attack Cal gave me.

"I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be playing on the ground" I heard him say under his breath. I sent him a glare which caused him to realize that I was annoyed.

"Sorry" he chuckled while shaking his head. He lend a hand to me, no not literally- that's creepy. I happily took it and stood up. I dusted off my pants but kept my eyes on Calum, god this guy is so mysterious and hard to figure out.

"What brings you here, Hood?" I crossed my arms over my chest and arched an eyebrow at him.

He just shrugged in return, "Luke texted me to come here but... I wasn't expecting you too"

I scrunched my nose at the mention of the guy's name,"Speaking of Luke, where the hell is he?"

Calum's POV

Oh god. I know what Luke was up to. I knew it! The way he texted me because god he wouldn't invite me to the park if there wasn't anything interesting out there. Except if Luke was really just in the mood for acting like a girl. Like I said, he was up to something- now I'm stuck with Ms. I-don't-care-how-many-times-I-roll-my-eyes-monkey.

"I don't know" I replied.

I heard faint voices from a far, a male voice mind you. I didn't really care so I just ignored it. Alesia was still busy looking for Luke, "why don't you text him?" I suggested.

"I don't have his number, do you?" She smiled.

"Well duh." I rolled my eyes and handed her my phone, I wasn't going to dictate it to her god that's too much work.

"I- I- Is this y-you?"