twenty-three// sleepover

"Calum" I whined. Tugging on the hem of his uniform. Whining has been a routine for both of us but mine for a valid reason. He went straight to my house after school today whereas I wasn't able to go to school due to the fact that we played under the rain yesterday and I got quite sick.

"God, Alesia if I had PMS's too I would do the same to you and watch you become frustrated." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Please stay, Cal" I folded my lips into a pout and patted the bed beside me. He sat on the edge of the bed and stared back at me. He stood up again and knelt on the floor beside the bed then laced our fingers with each other. He stared at it with a hint of amusement.

"Baby, I need to go" he whispered using his free hand to tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"But its friday" I begged. Calum was the closest to a boyfriend I could ever have. And I wanted our friendship to stay like that and not any more further.

"Yes, it is" he shrugged. A light bulb popped just above my head, no don't take it literally.

"Sleepover?" I pouted and batted my eyelashes at him. He sighed and put his hands up in defense, "fine. But i'll have to go home and tell mum first and change this" he stated motioning to his uniform.

"Promise me you'll come back?"

"Yes, baby, I promise" he cooed pinching my cheeks and getting out of the room. Calum would be the perfect boyfriend, i thought to myself.

-

"I want to get back to school on Monday" I mumbled staring at the ceiling and studying every detail of the white paint.

"You can, actually" he answered, his voice muffled because his head was buried on my pillow. Calum was beside me, phone in his hands playing random songs that put him to sleep but kept me awake. He was such a loud person. I stood up and tied my hair into a messy bun, "Where ya going, buddy?" He asked flipping over so he could see me.

"Downstairs, buddy" I mimicked him. He gave me a look and I shrugged in return, "you want anything?" I asked, he shook his head and brought his attention back to his phone.

I went down the stairs and into the kitchen to see mum washing the dishes, "should I do those?" I offered her, she looked so tired.

"No, its fine sweetie" she shook her head and smiled, "you should get some rest and head back to Calum"

I nodded and reached towards the cupboard that had a bunch of snacks in it, I grabbed a pack of oreos and took a carton of milk out of the fridge, "goodnight, mum" I kissed her cheek after she bid me goodnight. I went up the stairs with both my hands carrying something.

"Calum, open up" I heard shuffling and seconds later the door swung open with the lights closed, "oh my god I'm so scared" I rolled my eyes at his immaturity.

"I just can't see you but I know you're there so piss off" I walked to my bed carefully trying not to trip over something and spill my food, it was quite dark. But I wasn't scared of the dark. Or maybe I was? Or maybe it was just because Calum made it look so creepy.

"Boo!" I let out a gasp in attempt to prevent myself from screaming. I froze on my position, processing what actually happened. And man, I hate this boy. A pair of sun kissed arms wrapped around my waist, giving me comfort.

"You we're frightened as fuck" he chuckled lowly, resting his chin on the crook of my neck and shoulders. I rolled my eyes and sent him a middle finger for appreciation, "oh, come on Al" he pouted staring at my eyes.

"You scared me. My heart could've possibly popped out of here" I told him as if it was a matter of fact, motioning to my chest.

"Well, it makes me guilty when you put it that way" he shrugged, a hint of concern plastered on his face. He was beautiful.

"Shut up" I exhaled, "I've got oreos!" I cheered sitting on my bed, cross-legged. He sat on the edge searching around my room for the remote control of the television in front of us.

"But a carton of milk and no glasses? Alesia, you need to learn how to share, babycakes." He teased, "you'll get fat if you don't"

"Fuck off, Cal. I'm not giving you any. Its the last thing I'd want to do in this world" I smirked to myself. Feeling proud of what I've just said to my favorite boy ever living on this planet.

"You're so selfish" he exhaled, "its been years, where the hell is your remote control?"

With a blink of an eye my remote control went flying to his head and hit him. And man, did it hit him hard. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to" I soothed him. He clutched his head, pain present in his eyes. I hated seeing Calum hurt, I'm such a horrible person.

"Does it hurt?"

"Oh, not really. I'd love to see you do it again" he said sarcastically, giving me a look.

"Oh, it's a pleasure!" I giggled, grabbing the remote control from his hand and motioned as if I was about to throw it again.

"Dammit Al. You're so stupid" he shook his head, grabbing the remote again.

"Hey! Its not my fault I have such a bad aim" I hit his arm playfully whilst he flicked through different channels, munching on his cookie.