Hell

"You actually slapped Sasuke Uchiha?"

Ino laughed until tears came out of her eyes when her pink-haired best friend nodded. Sakura was wrapped up in a soft, warm wooly blanket, a tub of ice-cream in her lap and a box of tissues next to her.

"It's not funny Ino..." She muttered, before taking another spoonful of the icy treat. Ino sniffled as she wiped the tears from her eyes, humor still on her face.

"You're right. It's hilarious. So what else did he say to you? What exactly made you slap him?" She asked. Sakura blanched, and looked down.

"He...erm...accused me of being in love with Naruto." She admitted softly.

Ino's eyebrows rose. In truth, the blonde had always suspected her friend of having feelings for Naruto. Whether or not she loved the baka was hard to tell, but from her reactions to everything thus far was any indicator, Sakura had some severely unresolved emotions for him.

"I don't get it. He's never acted like this before...never so jealous, or possessive. Naruto...he hates us both. Why would Sasuke-kun think that I'm having an affair with him?" Sakura questioned, her voice cracking slightly when she brought up Naruto's dislike towards her.

Ino scratched her chin in thought. "Sasuke-kun...he always was, no offense, of course, kind of a dick. He likes to have control over things. Perhaps he doesn't like the fact that you could have feelings for Naruto?" Ino suggested, and Sakura frowned.

"But I don't have any feelings for Naruto. I miss him a hell of a lot..but...ugh..." She groaned, palming her face with her hands.

"Are you sure about that, Sakura? Why else would you sleep with him? Why would you feel this kind of guilt? Why do you think you miss him this much?" Ino said, and gradually Sakura's eyes grew wider.

A gasp got caught in her throat as Ino's words flew through her head. What if she did have feelings for Naruto? Oh god...do I?!

"I-ino, don't be ridiculous..." Sakura said, trying to make her voice confident, but it clearly wavered."

"Sakura. Even at the gala, when Naruto came in with those two girls, I could see the jealousy you were feeling. Hell, you almost crushed Sasuke-kun's hand." The blonde pointed out. Sakura grew paler as she went on.

"You should have seen your face when he asked Hinata to dance, forehead. You looked like you were going to kill som-"

"Enough...Ino...enough..." Sakura whispered desperately. Her mind was reeling with the reality of her feelings slowly coming to light.

It was impossible. She had never thought of Naruto in that light before. He was always the stupid idiot that she cared for like a brother. Her little idiotic teammate that just so happened to be in love with her.

For her to actually feel romantically about the blonde jinchuuriki was appalling. But the more she thought about it, the more it became clear. The reason she slept with Naruto, the reason why she confessed all those years ago, why she felt empty without his presence, why things were so tense with Sasuke.

She had feelings for him. This revelation caused her over-exhausted eyes to begin leaking tears once more. The ice cream fell onto the floor with a thud, spilling the treat over the wood, but Ino didn't care.

She embraced Sakura, who was now sobbing hysterically. She lulled her shattered friend to a slumber, a frown on her face. Sakura needed help, and Ino was going to be there for her.

The large group of ANBU landed at the ruins of the Tenchi bridge, at the border of the Land of Fire and the Land of Sound. Among the ANBU were Squad 14, 17 and 22. A purple-haired, Cat-masked ANBU crouched at the edge of the ridge, dropping a stone down into the chasm that lead to a deep ravine. A quiet plunk of the pebble hitting the water was heard, and they all glanced around, surveying the area.