35: I'm Destructive

35 Michelle

Those girls won't stop conspiring with each other. I had forgotten about it before Gally pointed it out again, but now I see it. Talking in hushed tones with pained faces, trying yet falling to hide in the shadow of the Walls.

I know Gally said I should get on the inside of this if we are going to stop the power seize, but now isn't the time. So instead I sit staring at them, glaring into the harsh sun. All activities have been told to stop for the day, so that everyone can mourn. No one is really mourning though. Especially not the Builders.

Before that shank was a Runner he was with the Baggers. For a couple months I think, and those Baggers keep to themselves. Nobody really knew him other than those Runners and the klunk-heads who are supposed to be in charge of law and order. Baggers are good for nothing except digging graves and causing havoc.

So, of course all the Builders are doing is trashing both groups. From what I have come to understand, nobody gets along with anybody. Baggers and Slicers are creepy and should be avoided at all costs. Bricknicks are dumber Builders, and Builders are a lower standard of intelligence anyway. Sloppers are even dumber; they can't do nothing except clean up after the dirty Gladers. Cooks always smell funny, and Track-hoes are enjoyable, but for some reason they have a long going rivalry with the Builders. Only three Med-jacks, two of which probably get up to business they would rather no one else see, so everybody was surprised they let Leo in with open arms. Either they get up to weirder crap than everybody thought, or they are desperate for attention from "the plainest girl here".

"What's her name anyway?" I can't believe I'm still listening to the dumb Builders talk to each other. They aren't even the largest.

The other boy shrugs, leaning back on his hands as he feels the grass.

I stand up, marching past them. Don't need to listen to them talk any longer than I already have. I reach my foot forward, knocking the boys arm down and he falls into the grass.

"What's you're deal Mish?" The boy calls out after me as I storm past.

"It's Michelle," I turn to face him as my brow furrows. "Keep my name of your dirty shucking tongue. Her name is Leo, and if we are honestly you'd be lucky to get with a shucking Griever."

The other Builder laughs at the boy, before the one I insulted takes his cup of water and tosses it at the other boy. The first keeps laughing, as I smile. Walking off, I can't help but wonder why I stood up for Leo. I don't even like her, let alone do I have her back.

Especially when she and Dawn keep doing whatever it is they are doing.

I only glance at them from behind me, as I move to walk past the Homestead.

"Nice of you to call them out."

I turn around to see a boy I don't recognise leaning against the Homestead.

"Sorry, who are you?" I growl. I am not in the mood to meet new people.

"Clint," he answers as if that offers any answers. "I work with Leo, you know doing Med-jack stuff. Dave said you weren't as bad as people thought. He was right."

I stiffen my back. "David's been talking about me?"

He smirks, distracted by the sunlight which causes him to squint. "I thought you'd pretend not to care about Dave talking about you. Since you're all distant."