Seven

(___)= Name
(F/a)= Favorite animal

*

Hand in hand, Tyler and I walked. It had been the perfect date; fun yet romantic. Going to an amusement park was the perfect idea. We wete able to spend hours on end laughing, and just enjoying the other's prescence. Despite the amount of people around us, Tyler and I felt completely isolated. I couldn't focus on anything other than him, even the rides and games had just been a blur. Yet, when Tyler brought me to a slingshot like ride, my attention was brought back to reality.

"I am not going on that." I demanded, looking up at the towering ride.

Raising an eyebrow, Tyler nudged me. "It's not that bad. Come on, (___), it'll be fun."

As soon as the words left his mouth, the ride launched upward, rocketing the two riders towards the sky. My stomach dropped as I watched the ride in action. "No."

Tyler pouted "But it's almost the last day of the year! We may never be able to ride it!" He paused, slowly smirking. "You're not chickening out on me, are you?"

My face deadpanned at his words. I had to fight the urge to make a snarky comment back. Insulting one another is what Ethan and I did. Strangely, it was one of the things that made our friendship so perfect. I would not be that way with Tyler, it wasn't us.

The cart was slowly brought back to the ground, the passengers laughing. It couldn't be that bad, right? With a sigh, I looked around, my eyes landing on a stuffed (f/a). "Tell you what." Tyler perked up as I pointed to the adorable toy. "If you buy me that (f/a), I'll go on that death machine with you."

Moments later, Tyler and I were locked into two adjacent seats. I stared at the seatbelt that was around my chest, pulling on it. Secure. I let out a sigh, relieved that the chance of me being flung off the ride was slightly less likely now. Suddenly, the ride shifted, tilting backwards. I sucked in a breath, surprised. My grip on the handles tightened, the feeling of proper blood flow vanishing. I just had to keep reminding myself: It wouldn't take that long, it would be over before I know it, and I would get a super cute (f/a). Noticing Tyler swinging his legs from the corner of my eye, I turned as far as I could.

When my eyes finally met his familiar blue ones, a grin spread across his face. "I win."

*

"But you didn't die."

"I could've! There wasn't even a warning or anything!"

"Again, you didn't die." Tyler laughed, following close behind me.

With an overly-dramatic hair flip, I turned around. "At this point, I'm wishing I did."

Grabbing my hand, Tyler fake pouted. "If you died I'd be sad. Who else would I force to not be a sourpuss?" He brought himself closer to me. "Because you're my favorite sourpuss."

"Keep talking like that and I'm not gonna be your favorite anything." I jokingly whispered as I ran my hand along his chest.

Wrapping his arms around my waist, Tyler brought his face close to mine, our lips coming closer. "Good luck finding someone you like more than me."

Just as his lips were about to touch mine, I pulled my head back. "Did you think I would forget? (F/a) first, then I'll kiss you." I patted Tyler's chest, squirming out of his grip with a laugh.

With a sigh, Tyler began walking towards the booth. "I really wish you would've forgotten."

"Of course not." I giggled, catching up to the curly haired boy.

We reached the booth surrounded by brightly colored, adorable stuffed animals. The dark haired operator behind the booth flashed a toothy grin as he noticed us approach.

"Lovely evening to play a game, don't you think?"

"Sure is." Tyler chuckled, already reaching into his pocket. "How much for a round?"

Knowing he was about to make money, his grin grew. "I'll let you play for five dollars, young man. Why don't you try to get your little girlfriend something nice?"

I smiled, nodding. Tyler handed the man a five dollar bill, getting three baseballs in return.

Knitting his brows together as he focused, Tyler raised his arm, seeming to be planning the perfect throw. In a flash, he tossed the ball, knocking down the five bottles that had been standing moments before. I squealed with excitement, jumping up and down excitedly. "I knew you could do it, Tyler!"

He shrugged it off. "I've always had quite an arm."

"Well done." The operator frowned, disappointed he was only getting five bucks. He drummed his fingers against the wood of his booth, before slamming his hand against it, smiling. "Alrighty, son. What would you like?"

At the same time, Tyler and I both pointed to the (f/a) that I had wanted so badly. The operator nodded before taking it off the hook, handing it to me. Smiling widely, I hugged the toy. "Thank you."

Intertwining our fingers once again, Tyler and I walked away from the booth. After getting a good distance, Tyler stopped. "I won your little toy. Now, where's that kiss I was promised?"

Looking away with a smirk, I shrugged. "I never promised. I just said if you win me th-"

Tyler's lips pressing against mine interrupted my pointless words. I knew Tyler was going to kiss me, it was just fun to tease sometimes. I smiled into the kiss, pulling Tyler closer to me. The butterflies I got when I kissed Tyler still hadn't faded. We were perfect.

*

This chap was absolute trash sorry oops. I swear it's about to get better :)))