Chapter 8

"You looove her!" Nikki said in a sing-song voice, clasping her hands together and batting her eyelashes.

"..What?!" Max's pupils shrunk about ten times in size, his face becoming as red as a tomato. "No! That is complete bullshit!"

"Oh c'mon, Max! Haven't you ever seen any drama/romance movie before? A person that likes someone else usually hides their true feelings about them by being as mean as they could possibly be towards them!" Nikki replied, "your mean-ness is mean-ness of love!"

"This definitely would explain a lot," Neil chimed in.

"Fucking Christ, have you two even met me?!" Max stood up from his seat at the table, and glared down at both of them, "I literally just said minutes ago that I hate everyone, and I always talk about how much I hate everyone! You guys probably think I have a crush on David as well; I've said loads of mean things about him, I must love him too! In fact, I must love everyone because I hate them all so much! Do either of you realize how fucking stupid this argument sounds now?" 

"Are you forgetting what you just told us, Max?" Neil asked, getting a little defensive, "about how you want to be nice to Y/n, but you can't because of this feeling you have when you talk to her?" Max's angry expression slowly neutralized as Neil continued, "That doesn't sound like hatred to me.." He finished with a slightly smug look on his face, causing Max to put a hand through his hair.

"This is amazing!" Nikki squealed, "you better invite me to the wedding! I call dibs on being the flower girl!"

"Shut up!" Max shouted, his angry expression returning, "you're both wrong! Just because I'm trying to give that idiot a chance in being acquainted with me, doesn't mean I'm fucking in love with her!"

"Well, it wasn't this hard and dramatic for you to become our friends.." Nikki commented.

Max's eye twitched for a moment, and he now has an even angrier expression plastered on his face, "You know what? This conversation is over," he stepped away from their table, "talk to me when you two are done being ignorant shits," he then started to head for the door of the mess hall.

While they both watched him walk away, Nikki clasped her hands together again, "aww, he's in denial," she said, her statement earning a look from Neil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max reached for the handle of the mess hall door, only to be stopped by someone calling his name.

"Max!" It was David. He was heading over towards Max, which made his anger go almost haywire.

"What the fuck do you want, David?!" He spat.

David seemed unfazed by his venomous tone, "We're about to start the activities now, and I've noticed that Y/n is not with us. Do you have any idea where she could be?"

"Hell if I know, she's probably out in the forest befriending the deers and singing to the birds, or some other shit that'll make me vomit." Max rolled his eyes.

"Well then, I'm now assigning you to be responsible for taking Y/n to where she needs to be when I set up events, since she's new here and all."

"You think I didn't already take her here? Maybe she finally opened her eyes and realized this camp fucking sucks and decided to bail. Ever thought about that, camp-man?"

"Max, please," David was now starting to get a little agitated.

"I'm just saying," Max went on, "it would be a completely understandable reason, considering this place is quite the shithole."