Chapter 9

You were done; done with everything and everyone. You didn't even know where you were heading to, all you did know was that your feet were taking you in the direction of forward. 

It was sunny outside today, which quickly made you hot due to your big hoodie, but there was no way you were taking the thing off. Noticing a shady tree, you decided to head over to it. It looked like the perfect place to rest and keep your distance from everyone else. It would also be pretty nice if you could get some sleep too, you know you haven't had that in a long while.

Once reaching the tree, you plopped yourself onto the grass and leaned your back against the tree's trunk. You sighed, finally feeling peaceful for the first time in forever, and you let your eyes droop shut. 

You felt yourself slowly blacking out into a nice slumber, until you felt the hood on your head being yanked.

"What the fuck," you grunted, quickly standing up, the hood sliding off of your head. You just knew it would be too good to be true for you to be alone for 5 minutes.

"You didn't think I was done with you, did you, buzzkill bitch?" 

You held your breath for a moment after hearing that all too familiar voice, then you decided to put on your brave face, "what do you want from me, Nurf? An apology?" You looked up at him with a glare, "'Cause you sure as hell aren't getting one, you deserve everything coming your wa-" You cut yourself off after feeling something that was on you fall to the ground. Looking down, you found out it was your stuffed (favorite animal). 

You bent down to quickly pick it back up, but Nurf seemed to be quicker. He shoved you off your feet, causing you to almost fall onto the tree behind you, just missing it by mere centimeters, landing in the grass on your bottom. Before you could comprehend what had just happened, Nurf already had the toy snatched up in his large hands.

He snickered, "a stuffed (favorite animal)? What are you, two years old?"

"Give it back, asshole!" You jumped up on your feet again, and tried to grab the stuffed animal from his hands. He suddenly held the toy up high with one arm, knowing you couldn't even jump that high, and he pulled a knife out of no where again. This time, it didn't make you step away from him. Slightly bringing his arm down, he examined the stuffed animal in his one hand, and he now had an evil smirk on his face.

"This should work as good enough payback," he sneered, "and also for my daily bullying exercises."

Your eyes widened as Nurf brought the knife to the stuffed animal, "No!" You cried, "that's really important to me! Give it back, please!"

He turned to you and glared, "yeah, and you know what's important to me? My reputation, which you almost screwed up completely! Either I stab the (animal) or I stab you!"

"You don't understand, that (animal) is the only thing that makes me happy!" You pleaded, "I'm really sorry about earlier, Nurf. I won't interfere like that again, just please don-"

It was too late. Nurf swiftly inserted his knife into the stuffed (animal), and dragged the knife down, revealing all of its stuffing and opening the stitches. You watched in horror as he dropped the remains of your unfixable stuffed animal onto the grass. He kicked around the stuffing, making a huge mess on the ground while wickedly smiling.

You immediately felt the tears pouring out of your eyes. That toy meant so much to you, and now it's broken. A pile of fabric and stuffing. No one would even recognize it was a/an (animal) anymore. When you said it was the only thing that made you happy, you weren't exaggerating...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the first day of second grade. As usual, no one wanted anything to do with you.. Well, except for one girl/boy. Her/his name was (best friend's name), and she/he was the first peer of yours to ever treat you with kindness. Because of her/him, second grade was ( and still is) your favorite school year. It was the year you had made your very first friend.