A Holidate

ahhh madi im so sorry im cutting it really short but i GENUINELY FORGOT FOR LIKE ALL OF NOVEMBER AND HALF OF DECEMBER YIKES but yes i am your secret santa!!! i actually really enjoyed writing this and might write sequels for the other members?? o.O you never knowww

but yeah it's also longer than i expected but i guess that makes up for how late it was oop

also there might be a lot of formatting issues?? i wrote this on google docs and then a lot of stuff happened and i hOPE ITS FINE BUT YA NEVER KNOW SO SORRY IN ADVANCEEEEE

i hope you like it !!

17HHAO

---

"IT'S CHRISTMAS HOES!"

There were a series of things for Madi to look forward to in the Christmas season. The Christmas lights, the trees, the general festive spirit - the list goes on. But a part that makes the top list would have to be the excitement of Christmas Day. (More specifically, the chance to wake up at 4 am and scream her head off before rushing down to the tree and tearing open all the presents. Even if they're not for her.)

Sprinting down the stairs at breakneck speed, Madi practically crashed into the tree but managed to control the downhill momentum, stopping just a few centimeters short of the closest present. Her face lit up as she once again realized that among these presents, at least a few were labelled under her name. She was especially thrilled to notice a particularly large present that held a sticker with her name on it.

"For fucks sake," Sydney grumbled as she yawned, making her way down the stairs. Madi couldn't help but snicker at the girl's hair. "Can't you wait five more hours?"

Madi crossed her arms in a stubborn pout. "Five more hours amounts to a total of 300 minutes. That's 18000 seconds, which is too long for me to wait." She paused, then added, "Didn't get a chance to brush your hair?"

"Of course I didn't," Sydney snapped. "Who would think to brush their hair at this ungodly hour?"

In all honesty, Madi was too excited to even retaliate. Raising her hands in mock surrender, she said,  "Just asking. No need to get all angry."

Sydney sighed as Madi returned to her present hunt. She picked up one wrapped in green paper when someone yelled, "sTOP!!!!"

Flinching, Madi dropped the present and whipped her head around to be greeted by Linger booking down the hallway, past a startled-looking Sydney, and dove straight for the present Madi had just been holding. Squinting, she let out a sigh of relief and stood back up. "This is my present," she said cooly, all previous rage completely dissipated. "And I'm perfectly capable of opening it by myself, thank you very much."

Madi scoffed. "It's going to be opened anyway."

"Sure." Linger's eyes flickered down to a red bag next to her foot. Nodding towards it, she said, "There. That's my present for you. Go ahead and open it."

A bubble of excitement rose in Madi's throat. Practically lunging for it (in a similar fashion to what Linger had previously done, although Madi liked to think that she executed the move in a more graceful, civilized form), she tore away the tissue paper that covered the top half. With a peek at the contents, she squealed, then hugged Linger, who stiffened but still smiled. "Chocolate and BTS' new album! I love you!"

"I know," Linger muttered gruffly and quickly returned the huge before pushing her away. "But look at what Soonyoung got me! This adorable snow globe of Toronto! Man, I miss Canada..."