Chapter Five ¤ A Heavenly Meeting

Castiel looked around in confusion as he suddenly found himself in Naomi's office. He didn't remember bringing himself here, in fact he never knew how he came to be here each time. The last he remembered was looking down at Genesis as she drank his blood then nothing more.

"Ah, Castiel, you're here." she smiled from behind her desk.

"Yes, but how? And why?" he questioned as he looked at her through narrowed  eyes.

"Well just as you would assume. Genesis."

"Have I done something wrong?"

"No Castiel, you are doing everything that I have asked of you. No this is because of something more urgent."

"I don't understand."

"You are not the only angel I have sent to watch over the girl, she's too precious to leave in the hands of only one. Samandriel, her other guardian, has reported to me that demons have been appearing in the area since you made contact with her."

"So what do you propose I do?"

"Nothing."

He looked away in utter confusion and furrowed his brow before he looked back at her. "I don't understand."

"The demons have already begun to notice her and track her location but now that you are staying at her place they've made it to her neighborhood. I want you to remain hidden from her, stay with Samandriel."

"But I can protect her. She still needs angel blood in order to stop the apocalypse."

"Do you think I don't know that?"

"What if I were to give her to the Winchesters? They know how to ward off the demons and kill them if necessary. She'll be safer there than if she were to stay locked up in her home."

Naomi looked down at her desk as she considered the idea. "Very well. She will stay with the Winchesters but you must take them to her, not her to them. Don't make contact with the Chosen One."

He nodded his head once. "I understand." he said sincerely then disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sam and Dean were residing in an old rundown motel, their usual, in Nevada, Missouri. They had been hunting a nest of vampires for several weeks and had finally tracked them down to a foreclosed bowling alley.

"I understand choosing an empty building but why a bowling alley?" Sam asked as he was closing all of the federal websites on his laptop.

"If I was a vampire I'd choose a bowling alley." Dean smirked as he sipped his beer.

"Dean you hate bowling."

"I do not I love it."

"Remember when Dad took us bowling that one time and you got your hand stuck in the ball dispenser thinking you could grab the bowling ball before it even came out?"

He looked down at his beer then back to Sam. "Shut up."

Castiel then appeared in the middle of the room with the sound of invisible wings. "Dean. Sam."

"Cas." Dean murmured and looked at him with slightly widened eyes.

"Cas what are you doing here?" Sam questioned.

"I need your help."

"Yeah, anything, what do you need?"

"I need you to find a girl by the name of Genesis Hopper. She lives in Crook, Oregon."

"Cas we're in the middle of a case here." Dean objected.

"And the world is in the middle of a war." he shot back. "Genesis is the only one who can stop the fight between Lucifer and Michael from ever happening."

"But what about us? I mean I'm supposed to he Lucifer's vessel and Dean is supposed to be Michael's."

"You and Dean are on your own paths, you have the choice whether you will consent to the archangels or not. This girl has no choice, she must stop battle."

"And who says she doesn't have a choice?" Dean folded his arms.

Castiel sighed and looked down at the floor. "Just as there were children given demon blood there was a child who was given the blood of angels." He looked at the both of them. "Genesis is that child, the closest the world has ever come to having a nephilim. I need you to protect her until the battle."

Both Sam and Dean looked at each other simultaneously then looked back at Castiel.

"Is she hot?" Dean grinned.

Castiel furrowed his brow when he asked that. "I don't see how that it relevant."

Sam cleared his throat. "We'll help Cas."

He nodded. "Good." He then held out a large, golden flask. "I need you to give this to her. She'll know what to do with it."

Dean slowly took it from him and looked down at it. "What is it?"

"I will let her decide whether she wants to tell you or not." he replied then vanished.

"Cas? Dammit, I hate it when he does that." Dean glowered slightly then looked down at the flask. "Well, it looks like we're going to Orgeon."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I've told the Winchesters and they've agreed to help us."

"Good. And you gave them the flask?"

"Yes."

"Excellent work Castiel."

Castiel looked down remembering Dean's words then looked back at Naomi. "What if she decided not to intervene?"

"What do you mean Castiel?"

"What if she decided this isn't what she wanted. She didn't want the angel blood in her or to throw her life between Michael and Lucifer."

Naomi laughed once. "Well she doesn't have a choice Castiel. She was chosen by use to serve and protect. There's no going back now. She can't merely wash herself clean of our, your blood. Even if she were to have a choice there wouldn't be enough time to prepare another child. She has to be the one to end this all."

He nodded but then another thought formed in his mind. "What will happen to her after this is over?"

Something flashed in Naomi's eyes for only a split second then vanished. "She is powerful Castiel, almost as powerful as a nephilim. When the battle is over will we decide what to do with her."

"What are the options we have?"

"Life, or death."

The Nephilim /ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/ were offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" before the Deluge according to Genesis 6:4. So sorry for not updating in forever. School got crazy and I had made the soccer team so their was no time to get on. But now it's summer for me so expect better updates.  Love you all! ~God Bless