Chapter 2

"Tell me again, why did I agree to come along?" I asked from the back seat of my brother's car. Anthony and Eric were sitting up front singing along to some stupid rap song while I was sulking in the back of the car, wishing I was home and getting the rest I didn't get in London. My parents didn't even know I had a night job or that my school day could easily stretch into the late afternoon hours. I was fond of taking after school classes because I knew I was so behind in school but then it just started becoming a habit I couldn't make myself break. Basically, I lived in London on five to six hours of sleep. Being home made me realize how much I've missed my sleep but now it seemed I couldn't even get that anymore.

"You didn't but if it makes you feel any better, Suzanne will be there."

Oh dear brother, that I do know. Suzanne had called me last night just to remind me that they were heading to the beach and asking me for the thirtieth time if I was sure I didn't want to go with them. The tragic thing is, I told her yes, I was certain I did not want to go. Yeah, a lot of good that did me. Sometimes I wish I was as lucky as my little sister, June, she's not aloud to go although she genuinely wanted to.

"No, it doesn't make me feel better but thanks for reminding me." I snorted and glared out the window while my brothers continued their bad replica of the rap song. Why did I have to be so lucky as to have brothers that actually wanted to take their sister everywhere with them?

It was a two hour drive from the house to the beach. I managed to catch up to at least another hour of sleep before I was awoken by my brother's bad singing again. I was more than ready to jump out the window by the time we reached the beach and that turned out to be exactly what I did. My eldest brother was kind enough to turn the music full blast and started singing, with Erick's assistance, as loud as they could with the song. I didn't even take notice of where we were or that everyone was looking at us. All I was focused on, was the fact that my ears were going to start bleeding really soon. When we finally pulled to a stop, Anthony locked all the doors and I couldn't get out so out of desperation, I rolled down the window and practically threw myself from the car. My brothers looked stunned for a full five seconds before bursting out into laughter along with half the people from school.

"Seriously guys, I'm home for two weeks, two weeks and this is your way of welcoming me back?" I demanded as soon as Anthony's door swung open. He just continued laughing. "Fine, you know what? I give up." Grabbing my backpack from the back seat, I swung around and started stomping my way to the beach. I would have made it too, if it weren't for Erick who grabbed me around the waist and lifted me from the ground with no effort at all.

"Aw, come on sis, it was just so funny seeing you glare at us. Do you even realize how much we missed that frown of yours over the past four years?"

I couldn't help it, Erick made me chuckle before I could even try to stop it from escaping my lips.

"Yeah well, I was in London being a snob so I don't condone your attitudes. I'm a lady." I said with fake flair while trying to still get released from my brother's grasp. Of course, this time it was Anthony who broke down laughing.

"No offenses Hope, but ladies don't jump out of car windows." Erick pointed out.

"Okay fine, you were funny as hell. Now let me go!" I yelled out and finally kicked Erick in the shin, making him drop his hold of me while I straightened out the green sundress I was wearing. Yes, I jumped out of a car window wearing a dress and probably flashing my bikini bottoms to everyone in the vicinity.

"YOU CAME!"

I winced at the yell coming from behind me. Turning around, I was just in time to catch Suzanne who came jumping onto me again. It was like a complete repeat of last week and I was lucky I haven't lost my strength yet. I sighed into her red hair while she giggled and held on tightly to me, it was like I was some kind of idol for her.