Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Please explain to me, why the hell I'm up at six in the morning?" I yawned out.

I was just stepping into the living room, after being woken up by a loud siren. For normal people, it would have been enough to send someone screaming out of the house. For me, it was the normal routine at home when my brothers were bored.

"Yeah, what she said." Debby muttered from my side.

She was still dressed in her PJ's just like me. Where I was in a boxer and t-shirt, she was in her night dress, which was black with red lace trimmings. It made me look butch while she was the beauty. I had to refrain from openly staring at her.

"Sorry, it was an accident..."

Across the living room we saw Frank and Matt in a heap with the hand siren in Matt's hand. I rolled my eyes at the red faced duo and silently wondered if they had some training from my brothers.

"Yeah, we didn't mean for it to go off y-" Matt cut his words off and swallowed rather loudly when Eloise stepped up behind me. "I mean, we didn't mean for it to go off, period."

A small giggle escaped Debby's lips before her hand closed over it and her eyes widened when Will came storming into the room.

"I swear I'm going to kill you, both of you." He muttered and almost made it to their heap when they were already up and running out the door.

They weren't even bothered by the fact that they were only wearing boxers with cartoon characters on it.

Eloise didn't waste any time following Will out the door.

Laughing silently, Debby and I made our way over to the couch and dropped into it together.

"I can't really believe that I like a guy who is willing to make a siren go off at six in the morning. I mean, really, doesn't he know what sleep is?" Debby stated with a tired smile.

I chuckled at her words and rolled my eyes.

"It doesn't really matter what men do, it's the way they treat you that really makes the difference."

She nodded in agreement before we settled into a comfortable silence. It didn't last long though, before Frank came running into the house and dove in behind the couch. It looked like these guys really thought behind a couch was the best hiding place. Next, Eloise came stomping into the house with Matt at her side, though she was dragging him in by the ear while he muttered the word 'ow' over and over again. Finally, Will came walking into the room with a wicked grin on his face that would make even 'the Grinch' hide in fear.

Honestly, seeing Will in only his black batman boxers, showing off his chest and abs this early in the morning was not helping with my stupid hormones. His hair wasn't even brushed! That was supposed to totally put me off his looks but even his unruly hair couldn't make him look bad.

"Watch out, you're starting to drool." I heard Frank mutter from behind me and my gaze snapped around while embarrassment was soon replaced by mild rage. Before Will or Eloise could even advance towards Frank, I was jumping over the couch and had Frank pinned to the floor. He was laughing rather loudly until I 'accidentally' pressed my knee into his stomach. He wheezed a little before my mild attack turned into a full out war. I don't know when or how it happened, but somehow we each got ourselves some ammo. Meaning we were each behind a couch and throwing each other with pillows the one second and the next, we each had a water gun and were flooding the living room. The others were standing to the side, watching us with amused or stunned expressions on their faces until I decided to become a war hero. I loaded my gun... admittedly with water, and then made a run for the porch. I could hear Frank behind me, probably thinking he could catch up to me until I went jumping over the side of the porch. I heard someone yelling my name, rather dramatically, before I landed in a crouch and turned around just in time to empty the water gun on Frank. He had run after me to lean over and got a face full of water. By the laughter that burst out from the steps beside me, I knew everyone had followed us outside.