Danvers Lecture

Lena's POV

"Why the hell didn't you tell me. Kara said you knew so why didn't you tell me?" I jumped at the sudden Danvers Lecture happening while I was trying to study.

"Slow down, Alex. You storm into my office ranting and expect me to know what's going on?"

"Kara just told me of her... experiance during the surgery." It finally hit me. Kara told Alex about when she woke up. Why did Kara bring me into this?

"Yeah. Traumatic. Why are you scolding me?"

"Because I don't expect her to tell me. Talking about it alone brought her to tears. I sat with her for a while and she told me that you have known for quite some time. She needs her family and friends in times like this, not lies and manipulation."

"Wow! What part of not telling you is manipulation? I just thought that it would be better for her to tell you when she is ready."

"You lied. I asked if Kara told you anything and you would say 'no'. When I asked about how she was, you would say she was fine when really she was having PTSD from waking up during a surgery like that. You need to think of others apart from yourself."

"Alex, calm down," I said slowly, trying not to further anger her. "You have to understand that I kept it from you for her benefit. Just because I'm..."

"Just because you're a Luthor? You think I'm getting mad at you because you are a Luthor? Great, pull out that card every time someone gets mad at you for your wrongdoings. Then they feel bad because you have brought up how evil your mother is and they feel guilty. That's manipulation. That makes you more of a Luthor than your brother was."

"Don't bring Lex into this!" I stood and let my face go cold, bringing out someone I had never wanted to bring out ever again, the scared little girl that had just arrived at the Luthor mansion.

"Or what? You won't do anything to the sister of the woman you love."

"Oh, is that so?" I slowly walked around the desk, bringing myself inches away from her, making my posture as intimidating as possible. "I'm a Luthor. Don't be so sure that I won't kill you if you get in my way." I didn't know why I was saying what I was saying. Somehow, Alex bringing up Lex had turned me into the person I had always feared to be. I decided to make the threat more believable by hitting her square across the jaw. She fell to the ground but got up quickly, taking a swing at me but I dodged and hit her again but this time, in the nose. Alex looked up, staring at someone and when I went to turn, I heard a voice which gave away who was standing there.

"Don't you dare touch my sister again!" I felt pain explode down my back, originating from my head. My vision went blurry and black as I turned to see the woman I loved holding a thick sheet of metal.