n i n e

{Liza}

I sat on the couch, pulling my knees up to my chest. The news played over the T.V.

"Liza? Do you want any coffee or anything?"
My brother came out of the kitchen with a slight smile on his face.
It caused me to smile along.
"No I'm fine-"
I was cut off by a loud pounding at the door.
"What the hell," Ethan said while walking over to it.
He opened the door and Dallas's met mine.
"Dallas what are you do-"
The next thing I knew, Ethan was on the floor. 
"Oh my god! Dallas what the hell?!"

Without a word, he pulled me off the couch.
"Kiss me."
"W-What?"
"Kiss. Me."
I jerked away. "You just knocked the shit out of my brother! I'm not kissing you right now."
He grabbed my hand and pulled me back.
"Dallas cut it out!"
"Shut the fuck up!"

He had never raised his voice at me before, I was fear struck.
He locked my hands beside my head as he pushed me into the wall.
"I own you."
His lips locked with my neck, leaving marks.
"Dallas that hurts.."
"Shh."
He continued biting harder on my skin.
"D-Dallas.."
"Shut up, unless you want worse."
I swallowed and closed my eyes as tears fell.
He continued to roughly kiss my skin until he started to pull off my clothes.
"Dallas stop!"
He pushed me to the ground and stood over me.
"Liza!" A familiar voice came from be hide the door.
"David.."
A sudden shot rang out, and Dallas collapsed to the ground.
My shaky hand covered my mouth as I saw my brother, sitting up against the wall, with a gun in his hand.
"I only got his leg."
Ethan got up and opened the door and David's eyes instantly found mine, as if they were meant to.
"Liza," he said, as he ran to my side, throwing his jacket around my bare shoulders.
"It's okay, everything is okay."

He pulled me in and tried to stop me from shaking.
Ethan walked over.

"I'm gonna speak to Dani about this. This is gonna cause a fucking war."

He put his phone up to his ear and walked away.

David pulled away slowly, "you alright?"
He voice was soft and calming. He looked in my eyes desperately looking for an answer.
"N-No."

I wasn't alright. I was in shock. I wanted nothing more but to be left alone. I didn't want anyone to touch me much less look at me.
If my brother hadn't been there, it would have gotten worse. My mind rambled about what could have happened and what did.
David was holding me tightly, not giving grip.

I didn't even want David to touch me.

I jerked away. "Don't touch me."
"Liza I would never hurt yo-"
"Don't touch me!"

He looked down and ran a hand through his hair.
"Look.. I-I know you're trying to help. But I just can't handle physical contact right n-now."

He nodded. "I understand."

He stood up and went after my brother.

David's words were gentle when he spoke to me. He didn't rush anything, and gave me space when needed. He was what every girl wanted. Not a boy, but a man. A man that stands his ground, protecting those he cared for. A man with a stern yet passionate touch. A man full of love.

Thats David.

I looked over to see Dallas's body, his breathing slow. His hands were unclenched, his eyes still open. The blood from his leg slowly ran from the wound.

"He should have killed me," he mumbled.
I sat up straighter. He needed to feel the guilt.
"He should've shot my back, and killed me."

I didn't want to speak to him so I remained silent, wishing my brother would come back in.
I examined male figure on the floor.
Everything about him screamed danger. I didn't know why I couldn't see it before.
Maybe because I longed for attention of a man, and forced my self to believe he was good.
Or maybe I was just blind.

Either way, I had actually given my all. I had put my heart into something just for it to get burned.
My hands, still shaking, made their way to the shoulders of David's jacket, pulling it tighter to my chest. A shiver went down my spine as I inhaled the scent of cologne and blood.
I had never felt much fear in my life, but at this moment in time, I was scared.
I feared what was to come after this day, and the day after that. How things would change for me, for better or for worse.
It all scared me.

Dallas moved a little, causing me to pull my gaze back to my abuser.
"Don't feel sorry for me."
"I don't," I said.
"Good."
I looked down again.
"I deserve to be dead."

I jerk my head up at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"No one deserves that."