𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄.

( CHAPTER ONE. )
—01. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

 PLEASE FORGIVE ME

MYSTIC FALLS, 10TH CENTURY

Laughter filled the wooded area as two teenagers sat intertwined within one another. They had known each other ever since the youngest Petrova arrived into town with her sister. In such little time, Kol and Adelina grew quite fond of one another. Where one was, the other wasn't too far behind, and when one was missing, they were always on each other's mind.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. This was the promise they had made to one another. This was their always and forever. Two wily foxes, two black sheep. The vow wasn't much, but it meant something to them. It meant a promise of forever. Tonight the Mikaelson mother extended an invitation to dinner, for Adelina and her elder sister. However, unaware to all, the night would end in bloodshed.

Snuggling his head deeper into Adelina's oddly thick, chocolate brown locks, Kol began to express his distaste for his father. "If I could, I'd spell him dead, Lina. He's hateful and torturous, Niklaus and I aren't the best of friends but I wouldn't wish that kind of torture on my worst enemy. Not even that snobby rich man who keeps asking for your hand."

With a humorous glint in her eyes due to the last few words of Kol's sentence, she took hesitation with her reply. Mikael was a touchy subject, and abuse was an even touchier subject for herself. "If you ever need help burying a body, I'm your girl." And so her escape route was humor. Kol knew what his girl was doing, she was trying to lighten the mood. For that, he was grateful.

"You'll always be my girl."

Kol's response was normal, casual even. But this time, the meaning was even deeper. Kol was aging, he was growing into a fine young man which his mother raised him to be. And the only thing he was absolutely sure of, the only thing he could admit with every ounce of his heart, was that Adelina Petrova was the love of his life and he would one day make her his everything. The pair then sat cradled in each other's embrace, and soon, soft snores were heard from both.

It was nightfall when they awoke. Kol first, shaking Adelina awake, telling her it was time for supper. Upon arriving at the Mikaelson home, it looked as if a party was taking place. Extravagant candles decorated the eating space, and auburn colored leaves had been used for design, Esther Mikaelson truly went all out. Everybody had taken their assigned seat, and they were all having casual dinner talk whilst patiently awaiting the arrival of Romeo and Juliet.

"Well look who decided to show." Mikael spoke, no ounce of humor evident in his masculine voice.

"S-Sorry, Father, we were..."