Author's Note

HEY YOU! Read this for a little secret.

I'll just start by saying wow I did it. I actually finished this book. For a really long time, I was convinced I was just going to give up and that would be the end of it, but I persisted and kept going.

Okay, I'm just going to recap the whole point of the last scene in case no one else got it. In the beginning of the story, Percy and Annabeth were partnered up for a project dealing with colors. However, the project was not talked about or presented until the very end of the book. That was on purpose. No, I did not forget I had assigned it. The whole point of it was to demonstrate all that Percy and Annabeth had given each other from beginning to end. Also, I don't really think anyone caught on but in every chapter, there was always a description or a hint of how stormy the weather was. In every single chapter, there was never any sunshine in the sky. At the end, the storm had finally ended because Percy and Annabeth had beaten all the obstacles. They put color into each other's lives and the sky was supposed to be a metaphor of that.

In the beginning, Piper had overheard a familiar voice talking to Luke, which turned out to be Thalia. I told you guys that voice would be important.

Lastly, this book was such a challenge for me to write. It had started out as an idea that formed while I was vacationing in the Dominican Republic back in 2016. I didn't have any idea how the plot was going to go, I had just made up the background and went with it. It was also the first time I had written anything with a fight scene. I'm usually a romance type of girl, so knowing I'd have to step out of my comfort zone to advance the plot made me want to procrastinate writing it. Okay, here's the secret I promised. Quick little fun fact: Annabeth was supposed to die in the original plot.

If you guys want to know more about the original plot, are still confused about something, or just want to ask me why something was a certain way, please pm me or comment on this chapter or something. If you also have requests for another book, let me know. I'm open to options. If I get enough questions, I'll write a Q & A because at this point the book will end with 29 chapters and I know someone will go nuts from it.

-Alexa