part one

Flashback

I stretched my feet out in my boots, feeling my socks rub against the leather, drawing my attention away from the voice in front of me.

His instructions were muffled, only the squeaking filled my ears.

"Grey?"  I heard my name being called but continued to ignore it."Eli?" "Grey are you listening?" It pierced through the blurred out sound, causing me to look up. I searched his face for answers, but I had none.

"No, sir." I quietly stated.
He sighed, turning his head to the side slightly, looking away."Your father wants you out, he's taking you out of the field Eli." He said softly. Now I regretted not listening to him. I huffed, looking around the tent. I could feel his eyes staring at me, I could tell he didn't want to be the one to break the news to me.

I was confused, I could feel multiple emotions arriving, but disbelief rose to the top. All of my missions, my achievements as an agent. A rough agent, that is.

"What about New York? And Andrew huh? I was so close on that case!" I strutted around the tent, frustration was the next emotion to come. "God damn Trotta." I could hear my instructor chuckle at my accent and how I pronounced his name.
"Tra-ta Eli, not trot-ta." It was our joke we had, how our accents clashed. Again I sighed, but this time with some joy in it. "I worked so hard on it." I turned my gaze, looking straight ahead.
"On them." I said under my breath. I leaned onto the table in front of me, resting my weight onto my hands, weighing up my options.

I heard soft footsteps coming towards me, but I continued looking ahead.
A hand pressed onto my shoulder as his voice continued. "I know, but you're 17 Grey, you're too young for this, even your father is starting to think so." He proved his point further by patting on my shoulder blade, beneath lied a scar from being stabbed during combat. He knew this scar meant a lot to me, the injury took me out of the field for over a month which was too long for me. I just turned to look at him, accepting his point and walked out, breathing in the fresh air as I took in what my future was going to be.

Real Time

"Now I understand what your, uh occupation, you could call it, was before Regis." The Dean said, bringing me back from my thoughts.
I looked at him, nodding my head slightly for him to go on.
I had been sitting here for a while in his office at my new home, the Regis School.

"You were dangerous Miss Grey-"
"Are, sir." I abruptly interrupted him. "I'm still as dangerous as I was during action, but carry on."
The Dean didn't continue talking after my interruption, it seemed that he ended his trail of conversation and was about to start a new one.
"Elizabeth." I softened at my real name, only my father used it on me.
"I have dealt with many 'rejects' as they like to call themselves throughout my years of teaching and you are no different." His tone was becoming serious.
I tapped my fingers lightly against the leather chair I was sitting on, his gaze on me. My heartbeat was picking up and my tapping soon became my main focus. I sighed heavily, exhaling all of my built up emotions.
"I understand sir, I really do. I just miss it, you know?" He nodded at me, telling me to go on, copying my move from before.
"I'm so used to being out in the field, working, fighting, extracting information." I rubbed my knuckles while saying the last one, causing a slight smirk to appear on his face.
"I guess I'm just, I don't know." I was getting lost with my words, not knowing how to explain myself.
"Yes, I get you. You miss being at home, wherever that is." He said. I smiled weakly at him, thanking him for understanding.

He then went back to his previous conversation. "You were raised as an agent, an assassin of sorts?" He looked at me from the file, seeing if he was correct.
"Of sorts." I said, remembering my brutal missions.
"But, I guess you have a well controlled temper unlike some of my other students." I laughed at his comment, imagining all of the fights he has to put up with.
"I may be dangerous but I'm no dropkick sir. If someone does set me off, I'll try and relieve it in another way other than violence."
He glanced at me, nodding.
"God I hope so." I could hear him mutter, just loud enough for me to hear. Again, I laughed, meeting eye contact with him. He took a breath and smiled back at me, he was glad. He stood up from his desk chair, extending his arm for a handshake.
"Miss Grey-"
"Eli." He gave me a look, I motioned to let him carry on after my apology. "Sorry, sir. Continue."
"Eli, I am more than happy to have you join our school that is Regis."
I joyously took his hand, giving him a well received hand shake. I picked up my bag from beside me, sliding it over my shoulder.

I gave him what seemed to be our shared gesture and gave him a small nod. I looked around his office once again before questioning him.
"Now, onto the rest of the school I suppose?"

+ + + + +

A/N: This is my first story on Wattpad, and I had to do it on Toy Soldiers because I love it so damn much. The character is loosely based off of me, I am Australian so I thought it would be fun to add a twist. I'm going to include Aussie things in this story like slang and traits and the way we would do things so yeah. This is set after the terrorist attack on their school so be aware of that. This is only the first chapter and I wanted to introduce Eli first before jumping straight into the story. I look forward to writing many more chapters 💖💖