part two

I gave him what seemed to be our shared gesture and gave him a small nod. I looked around his office once again before questioning him.

"Now, onto the rest of the school I suppose?"

"Ah, yes. You will have to go grab your papers from the front office." The Dean said, pointing at the sign outside his office. We both walked out, exchanging our goodbyes. When I was about to walk away he quickly stopped me. "Now remember to use your real name. The office ladies are old fashioned so they don't deal well with nicknames, so no Eli, only Elizabeth Grey." I stood there slowly nodding, wanting to finally be by myself for the rest of the afternoon. He could sense I was wanting to leave so he waved me along.

I found my way to the office pretty easily by following the signs. They were everywhere, around every corner and down each hallway. These kids must not take directions very well. I set my bags down outside the office and sat my file the Dean gave me on top of it. I brushed my clothes down before walking in, I didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with the women that basically ran the school. I went towards the front desk, taking in everything around me. Some older aged women were walking around doing their jobs while some kids were sat in the seats near the headmaster's office.

I looked at a few of them, giving them a slight smile and nod. "Do you need any help dear?" An elderly voice asked me from behind the desk. I turned around and faced the lady, giving her a much warmer smile opposed to the one I gave those kids before. "Yes! Hello, I am Eli- uh I mean Elizabeth. The dean sent me over here to grab my paperwork?" I asked her, not knowing if he had already notified them. The lady's appearance perked up and she showed an amused smile. I questioned her again after she didn't reply for a few seconds. "Elizabeth Grey." I said slower to her, maybe she didn't hear me properly. But then it hit me right as she was saying it. "Yes, I know dear. It's just your accent, so strong and beautiful." She clasped her hands together with a bright smile. I sighed, I am not going to get used to this. I turned my demeanour from slight annoyance to cheerful as I didn't want to disrespect her. "Australian, mam. Born and bred." I cringed a bit at the last part coming off a bit cocky. "Such a sweetheart, it's nice to have a new voice around here." She said to me, then set off to find my files before she motioned me to sit at a seat in the office.

I peered around the office again, now those kids were looking straight back at me. I felt my senses heighten, becoming extra alert. There were four boys sitting outside of the headmaster's office, giving me all sorts of glares. One of them leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. I could tell he was about to ask me something. "So aussie, what got your pretty face in a school like this?" he motioned to the building around us. I dryly laughed at the way he said aussie, pronouncing it like us-ie. I peered back at him with a smirk, assessing him. He was blonde, with striped button up on. A tissue was hanging out of his shirt pocket and an asthma puffer in his hands. He looked average, not in looks, but body structure. I could take him easily. I shook my head a bit, mentally reminding myself that I shouldn't be thinking like that anymore, shouldn't be thinking in a tactical manor. I heard him 'hm' at me waiting for a reply. Before I could, the office lady called out to me, luckily she only called out 'miss' and not my proper name. I stood up, showing my height before giving him a sharp glance as I walked away. I worked up my nicest thank you while flashing a smile to the office lady. She patted my hands as I grabbed the papers, then she returned to the rest of her work. I walked out of the office while giving a final look to the puffer boy. Picking up my stuff without thinking twice about my file.

I'd been wondering the halls for most of the afternoon, not rushing into anything. Dean Parker said I could take my time getting used to Regis. Everyone would just be in their dorms anyways. I was in my thoughts, just dawdling around. It had been months since being taken off the field. By now it has been 8 months since it happened. I let out a breath while closing my eyes. "New day, new experience." I whispered to myself.