۩ - Chapter 3

"Mother? Do you remember when we were children and you took us to someplace called Them-isc-ree-a or something like that like that?" Thor asked slightly rudely.

"Themyscira? If you must know you the last time we visited them, you were twelve." Frigga supplied, informing her son of the various visits to the island of women.

"Yes, that place." He responded sassily, unable to mimic his mother's pronunciation of the land.

"Why do you ask about that place, my son?" She inquired, not bothering to bring up that Hippolyta banned all with Asgardian blood from visiting the island.

"I was just looking back on some old memories." He told her, slightly afraid of telling the full story, before she gave him a look that forced him to spill the tea. "Fine, don't look at me like that, but there was a girl."

"I'm listening, my child, continue." Frigga said intently, hands clasped in her lap, waiting patiently to hear the end of the story.

"Well, She was wearing a crown, as you do quite often.. and here's the thing that confuses me, she was the queen of Asgard. Is she going to try and conquer Asgard?" 

Frigga gasped and laughed quietly before explaining that this woman was not going to destroy their home, "Her mother is more likely to do that, Hippolyta burns more ridges than she creates, rather Diana is the peacemaker amongst them." Graciously, she turned and walked away, likely to go speak with one of the other noble ladies in the castle or her other son.

Punch, jab, kick, hook. Diana repeated the actions once more into the punching bag.  She whispered the facts of her myth, "I am Diana of Themyscira, daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus, Princess of the Amazon's. Goddess of lightning and truth, the god killer. "

The brunette threw a final kick at the bag before leaving the spare room turned personal gym. There was dead silence in the house, you couldn't even hear breathing, the three bedroom apartment was lonely as hell since Kara moved out.

Diana sighed, the memories she had been fighting to keep in the depths of her mind were beginning to bubble out and rise. Some of the memories were blurred and distorted, such as the ones from her early childhood, her mother giving her dolls to play with, lessons of culture with tutors, others were more recent or emotionally traumatic, such as Antiope dying to save her, Steve Trevor sacrificing himself, her attending Etta's funeral, and many more.

The adventures she shared with Kara and Barry, arguing with Felicity over the best ice-cream flavour, Oliver bullying her about her deteriorating skills in archery were also fresh, along with Clint watching The Hunger Games with her, Natasha saving her ass when Diana god dragged into the line of fire were all able to make her smile and erase some of the trauma from earlier years.

Brown eyes refocused as a dark shadow began to loom in the corner, which was strange because the light streamed in through the window, illuminating the entire apartment. A smoky figure appeared in the room, she seemed to have dark hair, tanned skin, and her hair woven into an updo with all types of flowers placed amongst the strands. "Who are you?"

"Easy, demigod. The gods are beginning to reform, don't be afraid though, the fear only makes us reform faster. Sister, I came to inform you that you are the new queen of Olympus."

Diana's face as covering in a shocked expression, not only had this woman called her queen, but sister? "Me? Queen of Olympus? But how? I am only an Amazon and a demigod, how, what, why?"

The tan woman smirked, "Don't worry darling, not queen for a while, I have other things to attend to before going to the legal and democratic troubles of making you queen just yet. Zeus and Hera will not be done reforming for a while, so the gods will need someone to lead them once they arrive, someone fair, and just, but also relentless and ruthless."

Diana raised an eyebrow, no way was she going to be an actual queen, "Why can't you do it?"

"I'm busy, I have to rule over the Underworld in my husband's absence." This lady was most definitely Persephone. Her half sister-slash-cousin. "You'll be just fine, cousin."

The fact that Persephone called them sister's and then cousins annoyed Diana, "Damnit this family is so fucked up."

"Shut up, you're nowhere near as much of an incest child as the rest of us." Persephone shot back, not like Diana's great grandfather was also her father and her grandpa was also her half-brother but whatever. "Anyway, we haven't been around since Christianity took over Greece, and a lot of people have died since then, so uh, bye." Persephone waved and did the shadow travel thing back to her throne in the land of the dead.