Introduction

Getting lost in a book is the ultimate feeling in the world. If you have not experienced such a wonder – I pity you.

It is a difficult feeling to describe as it is so much more than an emotion. The sensation of being sucked in and plunged underwater into an out of world space. Where the next typed letter or word on the solid page depicts your reactions – takes you on an emotional rollercoaster of suspense, excitement and even lust. A craving so deep for your fantasy to become reality but also a love for that fact that it is just that – being at home in the dwelling of your cosmic imagination.

You grow to appreciate and admire the manner in which authors word and depict their tales. You may begin to favour certain styles of writing. It becomes a turn on to read such beauty and visualise it. And even so I still feel like I’m describing just a small fraction of this feeling. I myself am not a known nor established author. I don’t even enjoy reading or writing in the first person so don’t even ask me why I’m doing so currently. I’ve written before…but this one, this one is different. This one is for me.

I shall begin by clarifying my approach to this novel. I am very direct by nature. Direct, not forward. Believe me I am far from forward. That being said, here are some need to now points:

1. I enjoy talking bullshit. Relevant bullshit mind you. People tend to take themselves so seriously that it gets tedious. If you can talk about random weird topics and facts for hours on end then we will get along fine.

2. I am a medical student. No this is not me taking a moment to brag (although I wouldn’t be surprised at your assumption as many medical students are stuck-up, A-type personalities that need to be educated on the idea of fun and having a life). I am merely mentioning this as it is part of who I am. Hence my writing shall include medical terminology or descriptions. Tough luck if you’re squeamish.

3. I get bored easily.

4. I have just started writing this prologue and I have no idea where I am going with this story. I guess we’ll both be pleasantly surprised. More-so if this becomes a kinky erotica ;)

5. I ask that you picture me as a nerdy, quirky female sitting in front of her laptop sitting in Starbucks and wearing an “I hate Starbucks” t-shirt (if those don’t exist yet – they should). Picturing me as a sexy nerd wouldn’t be too bad either. It would definitely boost my ego.

Well that’s all I can come up with at the moment. I’ll come back and add more bullets if anything else comes to mind later on. Okay then. Let’s do this thing