Act 3~ A New Comer

Sorey was locking up his house getting ready to head off when Rose came up to him,
"Hey! Thanks for leaving me last night!" He remembered he went with Alisha, with on explanation to Rose.
"I'm so sorry! I just really wanted to go back to the circus so I just went without a second thought. I'm really sorry Rose."
"It's ok, just a little warring next time would be nice. I freaked out thinking you wondered off and got lost." She walked away leaving Sorey to himself. He really was sorry about that, he hated making Rose worry. But for now he had bigger things on his mind.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Last night he had talked to Gramps about getting a job at the circus. Gramps asked him what kind of job he wanted there. He took a risk by asking if he could study under Gramps to become a ringmaster. Gramps looking at him very surprised at first.
      But, taking more interest in the new young one that appeared in front of him he excepted Sorey as his underling.
       He had told Sorey to come back tomorrow to meet everyone, answer questions, and get measured for his suit. He was already really excited. Maybe this would be the one place he could work.
       He knocked and called for Gramps just like Alisha had. Gramps led him untill they were on the middle stage. Gramps called to a big looking man and told him to call everyone else. His name was apparently Zaveid.
       "Hey everyone! Gramps is calling a meeting!" His voice was so loud Sorey flinched. Soon at least 25 performers and 10 assistants stood in front of him. Sorey now felt a little uneasy.
       "To start off where are the trapezeist?" Gramps asked the small crowd.
       "They are in the middle of practice." Said a small girl with an umbrella.
       "Then we will not disturb them, thank you Edna. Now then first off did all of you get in your morning practice?"
       "Yes!" They all replied.
       "Good. Now most off you must be wondering who this young man is." He gestured towards Sorey. Many heads nodded.
       "Well then meet Sorey. From now until further notice he will be my underling and a student ringmaster." Everyone gasped at this. Do they not like me? Oh god did I already make a bad impression.
"Now before any of you go thinking I'm dying, I'm not." Everyone relaxed. Oh they were just nervous. Thank god.
"Everyone can get back to practice except for Edna, Dezel, and Zaveid." Those three stayed back.
"Sorey these three are the leaders of different acts. Edna is the leader of the tight rope walkers, Dezel is the head of the lion tamers with Zaveid. There is one more leader you'll meet today but she is busy at the moment."
"Oh nice to meet you all!"
"Yeah nice to meet you, you seem cool Sorey."
"As long as he isn't an total idiot I'm ok with him."
"Welcome Sorey."
Three very different welcomes but Sorey was sure they all meant well.
"Edna do you think there on break yet?"
"Yeah they should be, but be careful heading over, don't want to get hit."
"Thank you, you all are dismissed." They left to meet with there respective groups to continue practicing.
"Umm Gramps? Who are we going to see? And why do we need to be careful not to get hit?"
"We are going to meet the trapezeist. Also if they are still practicing you run the risk of getting hit by one of them."
"Oh ok." He didn't know weather to be excited or scared.
They walked into the practice room for the trapezeist and thankfully they were all eating and chatting. But one thing caught Sorey's eyes, the only boy there. The boy who he had bumped into at the market, the boy who had flown up to him on a swing, the boy who had his heart skipping a beat.
"Hello girls, gentleman."
"Haha, so funny Gramps."
"What? You are the only boy trapezeist that we have. Anyways what do you need gramps?" Said a girl.
The boy and a girl with teal eyes and white fading into pink hair walked towards them while the others kept eating.
Sorey was preoccupied staring at the boy in a light blue, silver, and gold training suit while they talked.
"I just wanted to introduce Sorey he will be my underling for a while till he becomes a ringmaster." The girl and boy turned to Sorey.
       "Umm. Hello." He said shyly. Suddenly the girl came over and shook his hand.
       "Nice to meet you Sorey! It's been so long since we had a new face around here."
       "Well I'm glad to be here." He was getting some of his confidence back.
       "It's nice to meet you Sorey. If your gramps underling I'm sure you're a great guy. I look forward to working with you." The boy held out his hand. Sorey took it and shook it.
       "Thank you, but I never got your names."
       "Oh my! I'm so sorry. I am Lailah, the leader of the trapezeist, and this is Mikleo."
"Mikleo huh? God even his name is amazing."
       "Well nice to meet you Lailah, Mikleo." Sorey was going to mention something to Mikleo but he didn't know if he remembered him.
Mikleo and Lailah headed back to there group while Sorey went to get fitted. He stood still and answered the simple questions while getting fitted but thoughts were swimming around his mind.
"What if I fail completely with being a ringmaster? What if everyone really doesn't like me? What if Mikleo doesn't like me? Oh please no."
      After he was done getting fitted Gramps told him he could go home. He headed out and started home. The sun was still up but it would set soon. He wondered how long they would practice till.
       Gramps said he would tell him everything once he got his suit. Making him official. He thought back on everyone he had met today, they were all really cool.
       He really had found somewhere he belonged. Somewhere he looked forward to going to. This was going to be fun.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~End of chapter (act 3)! Finally we're getting closer to some Sormik action.~
~Shipwhatever