Fools

(This book will be in 3rd person point of view unless I say otherwise. Enjoy!)

I struggled against a guy with a black mullet, angry purple eyes on me. He held me by my forearms off the ground, me being a little small for my age. I kicked and even tried to swing my foot into his head, but nothing was working.

"What is her deal!?" Lance shouted, lifting Shiro onto one shoulder.

"No, I need to go with you! Please, I have to!" I shouted, kicking my legs.

"Give me one good reason why," "Black Mullet" spat at me, ready to throw me away and run away with Shiro.

"HE'S MY BROTHER!" I screamed. Shiro lifted his head with what little strength he had left in his body. He uttered a few words: "(Y/N)... Keith, please..."

The boy holding you captive looked at you with an apologetic look and put you down. "Fine, you can come, we just gotta get going. Let's go, Lance." Keith put Shiro's arm around his shoulders with another boy with brown hair. The two others lead you outside as Lance and Keith dragged Shiro onto a red and white shuttle.

"Is this thing gonna be big enough for all of us?" a smaller boy in green and white asked, climbing onto the back.

"No." Everyone loaded on, me sitting right behind Keith, trying to keep Shiro from slipping and hitting us.

Everything was happening so fast that all I could remember is Keith driving the shuttle off a cliff and stopping at a small wooden house in the middle of no where.

There, Shiro finally woke up. We embraced each other for what felt like forever and

The last words that came from the pen stopped. Allura's eyes filled with sadness. "Its ok, you can stop here if you want to," she said, taking the paper and pen.

Ever since (Y/N) and Shiro had been reunited and they found the five lions, she had been filled with anxiety about every minute of her waking life. Not knowing who to talk to, they asked Allura for help. Of course she said it was alright and they started different exercises to first get (Y/N) comfortable with what happened to her and Shiro.

(Y/N) wiped her eyes and smiled. "Again, thanks for helping me, Princess," she said, looking down at her (F/C) sweater sleeves.

"It's no problem, really," Allura replied, folding the paper into a small square. "You really don't have to call me a princess. You're like a little sister to me anyways." Allura gave a loving kiss on top of (Y/N)'s head and ruffled her (H/C) hair. After rearranging her hair again, (Y/N) stood up from her chair.

"I'm going to go train in the training room with Keith," (Y/N) said.

"Sure. But still, I don't understand why you train. You're not a paladin and you don't know who were up against. You're not needed in battle." Allura gave a worried look, standing up from her chair.

"I'll put it in the simplest way possible for you." She took a breath and looked up at Allura. "It gives me a sense of protection. I want to be able to help anyone at any time when anything happens. I want to be able to be there for everyone. Most of all, I want to be there, ready to pilot the black lion if Shiro ever fails to survive an attack."

Allura's eyes widened. "But you can't! Shiro is much older than you, he can fight, he's stronger!"

"That's why I train." (Y/N)'s assuring smile resonated something in Allura's heart as (Y/N) walked into the halls of the castle.