Coded

(Y/N) continued training in the training room with Keith, but with the Bayard she found. Hey, Keith is actually starting to remember her name. He's getting the first couple letters, but that's just about it so far.

(Y/N) danced across the floor with the training robot and swung her sword at the right times. Pidge stayed on the sidelines with her laptop to watch (Y/N) as she glided across the grey metal that made up the platform with delicacy. She tapped the robot on the chest as if to strike it, and it went back into starting position: "Congratulations, you passed."

(Y/N), out of breath, sweat dripping from her chin, had a smile across her face. Keith smiled too and pat her on the back. She didn't say anything, but turned her head to face Pidge.

"You've really improved," Pidge complimented (Y/N) as she walked her to her room.

"It's nothing really, just a couple strikes, but who knows, maybe I'll be a Paladin in the future." (Y/N) swung her arms up and folded her hands behind her head.

"About that..." Pidge looked down at her laptop in her arms. "Are you sure you want to do that? It's extremely dangerous, you could get hurt, killed even!"

"Aww, you're worrying about me!" (Y/N) teased.

"O-Of course I am! Everything could go wrong! What if the black lion doesn't accept you like you expect it to? What if none of the lions accept you?"

"Then I'll find some other mobile weapon to pilot. Anything to help you guys and decrease the chances of you guys getting killed."

(Y/N) put her hand on the panel and the door slid open. "Pidge, everything will be fine, trust me."

Pidge did trust (Y/N). Who couldn't? She was the perfect person to tell anything and she could handle it. (Y/N) was like a computer that was coded to keep secrets and be kind. It was just her to be who she was.

Pidge, knowing she was so close to finding her brother and father, wanted to help (Y/N) at the same time. Nothing fit into schedule. What's most important? The person you love or family?... Pidge couldn't choose, it was too hard of a choice. Most people would choose family, but Pidge wasn't like most people. She never really liked anyone until now. Usually, when she did like people, it would be just small flames that died out in a couple days, but these feelings stayed for a long time.

(Y/N) kicked off her shoes under her bed and flopped onto her bed with a heavy sigh. Pidge couldn't help but think how (Y/N) was like a glass marble. Delicate but hard. Easy to break and hard to repair. Smooth on the outside, colorful on the inside. (Y/N) swung herself up and they locked eyes. Pidge got lost in (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes. They told a story that hardly anyone wanted to hear or care about. A story so similar to her own, but with a beautiful maiden.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" (Y/N) asked. Pidge, now realizing she was staring, shake her head, her cheeks flushing in a shade of pink.

"Uh- No reason, just lost in thought I guess."

(Y/N)'s feet met the ground and she leaned forward to grab her guitar from the wall. It was (F/C) with stickers she made of the lions on it. There was one sticker that stood out a bit...

"Are those my glasses?" Pidge asked, putting her laptop on (Y/N)'s desk and putting her bag on her deskchair.

"Mhm! I made it yesterday!" (Y/N) hugs the guitar, careful not to mess with the pegs. She loosened her arms and played a few chords. The songs she played were so precise and emotionless because of how she was taught. She was taught to never go too fast or too slow and to do everything exactly the same way the original artist had played the song. It was lifeless, passionless, as coded as a machine.

"I know I sound boring," (Y/N) admitted. "It's my singing that brings life to it, but I can't sing all the time when I play guitar."

"I know you can't, but it's fine. You don't have to strum everyone so perfectly, you can put your own little flare into it." Pidge sat beside (Y/N) and watched her play the song slowly. Very slowly.

(Y/N)'s eyes were full of fear, the fear of messing up. She was so used to playing exactly like the original musicians that going against the melody and beat of the song made her feel dirty.

"Okay, now, try to go faster," Pidge suggested. He adjusted the guitar in (Y/N)'s arms. "It's okay to be afraid, fear isn't an enemy, it helps us survive." (Y/N) took a deep breath and did as told. She felt looser this time with Pidge watched her fijngers strum the song over and over, faster and faster.