ɴɪɴᴇ: ʟɪғᴇ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

(Y/n) threw on a pair of jeans, a long-sleeved t-shirt and a pair of converse before she grabbed a light jacket her purse, and her phone. She took no time in stomping back down the hallway to her home's exit, slamming the door shut and locking it after she appeared outside.

She stood at the top of the steps for a moment, taking a deep breath in and out.

This was driving her mad. These constant nightmares. The taunts. The paranoia. She was done with him messing with her, and she was going to confront him with everything that she had. No matter how terrifying he seemed to be, she wasn't going to let it phase her.

She resumed her tough facade and marched her way dramatically down the steps and onto the still darkened streets of Los Angeles. She hadn't checked the time on her phone, and for all she knew, an hour hadn't even passed by. But her mind was clouded with the thoughts and fear that overwhelmed her and she felt as if her reasoning and alertness was clouded slightly. The only thing that she wanted to do was see him.

What had he done to her?

//

About ten minutes had passed, and she was now nearing the estate. She could feel her eyes start to grow heavy, and her feet were beginning to ache. Sure, she was mildly fit at least, but combined with the stress she was having and the incredible amount of sleep she was losing, she didn't feel so hot.

But this was something that she simply just had to do. (Y/n) felt as if she would lose her mind otherwise. Otherwise, there was no sense of her illogical action.

A few more moments passed before she caught sight of the gates that held the secrets of the mansion relatively hidden. She smirked a little, feeling accomplished to even approach this property again. After the traumatizing thing that has still stuck with her, she felt as if she was battling the fear that she was attached to.

She took a deep breath, breathing in the breezy, cooler air of the Los Angeles night. She popped her knuckles, satisfied to hear them all crunch before she grabbed a hold of the chilled metal bars in front of her. She used all of the force inside of her and propelled herself forward, balancing awkwardly on the top of the gate. She carefully put flung her foot up to the top of the gate with the rest of her body and ignored the distance from her and the ground. Sure, it wasn't a long way down, but it would be damaging if she landed the wrong way. It could easily result in a fractured bone if she wasn't cautious.

Luckily, she was able to pull the rest of her body over and plop safety down on the ground. She turned back towards the mansion, eyes unsure as she scanned the darkened interior. The fact that the place would be dark when she entered would pose another problem, but she would be able to just ask for help and not cause a lot of problems, right?

Wait, ask for help? That was something that she thought to be completely ridiculous. She would probably rush in their and start shouting for all she knew. (Y/n) could feel the anger bubbling within herself, and she felt as if she were ready for a fight.

No matter what she tried to convince herself, she did not deserve the treatment that this man was giving her. Who did he think he was? Sure, the fact that he seemed inhuman was terrifying, but she wouldn't let it get to her. Alien or not, she would take back the rights that he was trying to take from her.

She grumbled underneath her breath as she neared the mansion's front door, letting the fear of her previous encounters slip from her mind for the moment. She would need to be as neutral as possible. When she looked back on the dream that she had, she noticed that her rebellion made him do the things that he had done. And while that gives him no excuse, she would need to be careful against his rage. If she was going to talk to him, she needed to keep him as calm as possible.