Chapter 2

Chapter 2

[Kirika’s POV]

Placing my comb on the sink, I look at my reflection and stared intently at myself. My hair is still a mess and there are still some bubbles at the side of my mouth. I grabbed the towel hanging on the rack and wiped it.

“Kirika, you’ll be late for class!” mom calls out.

“Be out in a minute!” I answered. I still couldn’t forget about what had happened yesterday. I can’t believe he made me sit! I can’t believe I unwillingly followed what he said! Right now, the only emotion that has taken over me is humiliation. Okay, so it was just the two of us in the gym and no one else would have seen how the President of the Student Council not only could not make Akashi Seijuro stop with his cruel acts but was also made to sit in-front of him. It would be shameful if the students saw that but it’s a whole lot more embarrassing that Akashi really managed to make me follow him! Isn’t it the opposite!? Shouldn’t he be following my orders, instead!? I’m the council pres for Pete’s sake!

“Kirikaaaa!!!”

Throwing the towel to the sink and grabbing my comb, I took a look at myself for the last time, tying my strawberry-colored hair in a ponytail, I vowed to myself once again. I won’t lose, Akashi. Someday, you’ll listen to my orders.

***

“Good morning, Pres!” a first year greeted the moment she arrived at the gate. I look at her and smiled as I replied to her greeting.

“Pres, these are the activities for this month,” Chiaki, the secretary, pops from behind me, handing me a list of the said activities written on a paper and some of the council’s duties clipped behind the paper.

I looked at him over my shoulder as I took the paper, “Did you check thoroughly?” I need to make sure. This bespectacled guy can sometimes overlook things.

As if seeing how suspicious I was of him, he gives me a rather confident smile as he presses the rim of his glasses, “Have more faith in me, Pres.”

“Oh, I see. Okay then,” was my reply before looking at the list. There are a lot of activities for this month but one particular activity caught my interest. It was that the school would be holding a small tutorial for basketball. I turn to Chiaki who just finished scolding a delinquent, “Chiaki, what’s with this basket tutorial?”

He turns around, pressing the rim of his glasses yet again, “I heard Coach Eiji proposed that.”

“Coach Eiji!?” I said in disbelief. I’ve never heard of him making a move when it comes to basketball. I mean, I’ve been to our school’s games and I could see that he trusts Akashi so much he lets him decide what the team’s course of action should be.

He nodded, “Yes. You could ask him—hey, you! You’re three minutes late already! Can’t you see the gates have already closed? You’re receiving a punishment!” He approaches the student with multiple piercings on his left ear and points the tree where three more students were standing under, “Stand over there.”

Sigh. Chiaki can be really motivated when it comes to his job as a student council member. I mean, it’s pretty rare seeing a secretary doing the job of the sergeant— “Makoto! Kohaku! Do your jobs properly!” The two idiots immediately hid the magazine they were just reading and stood straight, saluting. Rolling the papers I was holding, I smack them on the head one by one before motioning for them to guard the gate for latecomers. Rubbing their heads, they made their way. “Seriously.”

Looking at the paper again, I decided to go and ask the coach. I know it’s none of our business but my curiosity is telling me something doesn’t feel right. I have a really bad feeling about this.