Chapter 5

Sorry for the late update! :) Well, here goes...

Chapter 5

“I don’t know what to do anymore,” I muttered under my breath as I placed the tray on the table, sitting down. I heaved a deep breath and sighed.

“There she is! Oooooi~! Hiroshima~!”

Lazily, I looked over my shoulder and the muttering in the canteen began. Well who wouldn’t gossip about this? The basketball team of Rakuzan High is having lunch with the members of the student council—well not everyone. I’m with the usual gang—Chiaki, Kohaku and Makoto. Don’t bother asking about it. I just always find myself spending lunch breaks with them. I guess it’s because we’re in the council. The Vice Pres is always absent so…yeah.

“Why are you here again?” Chiaki asks, pressing the rim of his glasses as he looked up at Hayama.

“You should already get used to it, Chiaki,” Hayama says, elbowing him as they settled themselves on the table. The moment Nebuya settled on his, he immediately puts his bag on the table with a loud thud. This caught—as always—Kohaku’s interest, “Nebuya-senpai, that sound just now…Did you bring a humungous lunched box again!?”

Nebuya zips his bag open and everyone looked like they were anticipating what he’d pull out from it. Why do they wear this sort of expression? This happens almost everyd—and there he goes, pulling out a humungous lunched box wrapped in blue as the others gasped in awe.

“Wha~! Can I have some? Can I have some?” Kohaku squeals, eyes shining as he leans towards Nebuya who was seated across him.

Nebuya looks at him and snorts, “No. I have to finish this myself. I need it for later. I need all the energy.”

“Hmph. With all that muscle,” Mibuchi retorts.

The huge guy glances at Mibuchi, “I know. I have big muscles, don’t I?” then he raises his arm and grins.

Mibuchi’s face crumples as he taps Nebuya’s arm away, “I wasn’t complimenting you.” He was about to say something when Hayama leans on the table and steals a fried tempura from his lunch and sits back happily, nibbling it, “This is pretty tasty!”

From here, I could see a vein popping on Nebuya’s forehead. Before I could react, he has already reached for Hayama’s collar, pulling him close, “Give that back!”

The oval-eyed cheeky teen cried comically, “But it’s in my stomach already~!”

“You little—”

“Stop messing the table, you two.” Everyone’s head turn to the redhead standing by the edge of the table, near my seat. As I looked up at him, I first noticed his tray and then his heterochromatic eyes which were as dead as usual. Then he turned his eyes at me, “Kirika.”

His voice flowed in my ears and I felt my cheeks heating up that I turned to Hayama and Nebuchi who were frozen, “S-Sit down already! You guys are disturbing the others!” thankfully, they did as I told them. Akashi then proceeded to sit across me.

“Hey, Reo-nee, can I have some of that?”

“Don’t you have your own lunch!?”

“Ah! Chiaki! That looks tasty! Did you cook it?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. I did. My sister taught me.”

“Wow, that’s really amazing.”

I want to applaud them for being comfortable with this kind of set up. Well, who wouldn’t be? This has been going on for one week now. I thought we would only get to bond with the basketball team during tutorial sessions but I never really imagined they’d sit on the same table as us. When they first did it, the four of us—council members—were frozen stiff. Everyone in the canteen who witnessed it was. And when we asked them about it, they said it was Akashi’s order. Akashi…