Chapter 1

"Kya tum iss pani ko vapis is Bottle mein daal sakte ho Sameer?"

Naina's sharp questions pricked Sameer's heart. He couldn't believe it. NAINA, sweet, innocent, kind Naina was showering such questions at him. Her non-sarcastic, sweet voice, shooting the most sarcastic questions at him. Challenging him to do the impossible. Telling him, in her own indirect way, that like the Rose he had plucked couldn't be put back on the plant; like the water she had just spilt couldn't be put back in the bottle, her broken heart too couldn't be fixed, and Sameer couldn't be forgiven. It was just not possible. And as she walked away from him, all he could do was stare at her back.

She had changed. No not just changed.  She had become someone else. And it was all because of him. She had stopped feeling. No, she had stopped feeling for him. As far as he was concerned, she was done. And that hurt. It hurt badly. Like a fire was spreading all over him. Like he was burning, or maybe even worse. What had he done?

Sameer walked away from his friends lost deep in his thoughts. He didn't hear his friends calling his name. Naina was all that he could think of. In just a span of two days. It took her just two days to destroy 'Naina' and replace her with this imposter. No. He couldn't let this happen. It was Naina. She couldn't change. In this crazy world of absent-mothers and crazy-stepfathers, and his ever-spinning-on-its-axis life, she was a constant. His Nanu, his friends and his Naina.

"Naina, tum agar do kadam peeche logi to main chaar kadam chal ke tumhaare paas aaunga." He made a Sameer Maheshwari promise. And Sameer Maheshwari never broke his promises. Itna to sab jaante the.

However, life doesn't follow anyone's plans, and neither does it keep any track of promises. Promises are your personal property. You handle them. Sameer did make a promise, but he had no idea that in his promise-fulfilling quest, he was going to face a big trouble- who was at this very moment, stepping off the train at platform 4 of the railway station. A problem whose name was every teen-and-tween-aged girl's dream- Prem.

 A problem whose name was every teen-and-tween-aged girl's dream- Prem

Image taken from Google.

PS: if anyone knows the real name of this guys plz do tell me. We need more pics of Prem to drool over ;)

Prem Sharma, a 16 year old, sweet, playful, happy-go-lucky kinda guy, moving to his mother's hometown Ahmedabad with his mom. His dad passed away when he was very young and so he doesn't have many memories of him, but his mother has been the most wonderful parent, fulfilling the duties of both- mom and dad.

Sandhya (Prem's mother): arre oh Sharma ji. Kahan jaa rahe ho? Ye bag kaun uthayega? Tumhaari Maa?

Prem: vaise chaho to utha bhi sakti ho, MAA. 😉

Sandhya: koshish achi thi. Lekin nhi. Isse to tu hi uthayega. Tujhe paal-pos k itna bada aur kis liye kiya hai maine?

Prem: bags uthaane ke liye? 😑

Sandhya: *walking towards the exit* absolutely correct Sharma ji. 🙄

Prem: *picking up the bags and walking to his mother* Maaa please ye "Sharma ji" mat bulaaya karo. Kitni baar bola hai. Main 16 ka hun, 61 ka nahi!

Sandhya: okay Sharma ji

Prem: Maaaaaa.... Tum nhi sudhrogi 😞

Sandhya: to tum koshish kyu karte ho? Acha ab jaldi chalo! Ghar pahunch ke saamaan set karna hai. Aur phir tum so jaana. Kal se tumhe school jaana hai

Prem: right boss. Vaise kya naam tha uss jagah ka?

Sandhya: oye aisa mat kaho. Mera puraana school hai vo. Uska mazaak nhi! And naam hai Pragati Vidya ka Mandir. Arre voh raha... AUTO!!!!

Prem: Maa!! Thoda dheere.

Sandhya: arre yeh Ahmedabad hai. Yahan dheere kuch nhi hota. Abhi abhi to aaye ho. Ab dekho kaise pataake phat te hain. 😉

And how right she was. Prem had no clue of the fireworks this place was going to bring to his life. For that matter, neither did the other two.

AN: and thats it for now. Please do drop your valuable comments. They will be greatly appreciated. Srr u all in the next part! :)