Two: Paint My Skies Blue

In the afternoon of that same day, Alfred and Arthur agreed to go on a date. Or rather, a meet-up to get to know each other better. After all, they were, apparently, meant to spend their lives together, so why not discuss things that both of them enjoyed, were fond of and considered important to them.
The two of them were now comfortably sitting in a coffee shop just a block away from the supermarket in which they met in the early hours of the day, each slowly sipping a warm beverage - Arthur with a cup of coffee, and Alfred with some hot chocolate.

"So tell me, Arthur, what do you like to do in life?" The American began the conversation, gently resting his arm on the table at which they were sitting. His deep, blue eyes were glistening with a different kind of happiness, and his heartbeat sped up every time he would glance at Arthur.

He wasn't hopeless anymore. As much as he denied needing someone to spend his life with, it was such a relief to know there really was someone for him. And he was sitting right in front of him, sandy blonde hair partially covering his eyes, cheeks slightly blushing from how the other was looking at him.

"I, uh, I'm a really uninteresting person, seriously. I just sit at home and write, that's it." The Englishman chuckled weakly, taking another sip of his drink.

"And you're saying writing is boring? I actually write songs, and play the violin. If nothing, we're both total nerds", Alfred laughed, his usual smile brightly gracing his facial features.

Arthur was left wide eyed. Alfred played the violin? He would have never considered him a musician. Perhaps journalist, entertainer, but nothing like this. It was quite a pleasant surprise, and also taught the Brit a short lesson to never judge a person by their cover. "I've always wanted to play an instrument." He smiled, absentmindedly taking Alfred's hand into his without even noticing.

But the American noticed, and he couldn't help but turn a bit red, enjoying the warm touch that the other offered so simply. "I can teach you if you'd like. Only if you let me read some of your writing, though." He grinned almost mischievously, but maybe Arthur just perceived it in the wrong way.

"W-what? I'm not letting you read any of my work, it's horrendous!"

"I bet it's brilliant."

"I refuse to let you anywhere near my desk."

"You can't stop me." The American pursued with a smirk, receiving a playful eye roll from the slightly irritated Brit.

Once Arthur realized that Alfred was that kind of person - cheerful, mysterious, charismatic, unstoppable, and absolutely gorgeous - he simply sighed, a small smile forming in the corner of his lips. He was skeptical of letting someone into his life, especially so suddenly, but he was more than ready to make an exception for Alfred Jones.

"O-oh, there's also a very important thing that I have to tell you... So you don't, well, try anything. Better say it now than wait a year, I guess." The shorter man began, slightly stuttering as he stumbled over his words.

"I'm listening." Alfred replied peacefully.

"Okay, how do I put this nicely... I-I don't want an intimate relationship. I mean I do, I do, but... Nothing extreme, uh... If you know what I'm talking about." Arthur tried his best to put his thoughts into a proper sentence, but was fairly close to failing that simple task. "I'm asexual. There. I'm really sorry that you have to bear with that, but kissing will do. Nothing more."

The younger stared at him for a second, raising an eyebrow questionably before releasing a long string of honest laughter. "No need to be so nervous about that, damn! It's not like I was going to jump you as soon as we exit the coffee shop or something. Actually, I'm not so far away from identifying with that myself, to be honest. Physical intimacy just... Doesn't seem that appealing. I want to connect with you on a spiritual way."