#2

The lightwoods don't joke around at breakfast like Clary and her mother did. They set the table out ;cooked the meat and made fresh orange juice like it was a mission its self
" Clary after breakfast while everyone is cleaning up would you like to come for a walk with me?"
Everyone around the table just looked at clary- Max wasn't looking too pleased that he might have to clean up and his mother and Clary didn't have to. But there was also a sense of worry at the table- Maryse wasn't ever rude to Clary but she never made an effort, even with other people.
"Erm sure - I just want to say sorry about last night, you know you have all been so-"
"Your mother is asking the Clave  already if she can leave to be back in the mundane world " remarked Robert lightwood.
" What do you mean mundane world New York?"ask Clary worrying.
" yes does she not like it here? We have one of the best lake here I bet in the mundane world lakes can't make you hallucinate!"max gasped.
'Max not now 'moaned Robert.

Maryse's confession
Clary could see how uncomfortable Maryse seemed , her eyes looking left and right avoiding Clary's gaze at all cost .
"During the uprising Valentine rebelled against the Clave at all costs- their rituals, sense of life and duties were all forgotten.
I am ashamed to have been in the circle
I had a child like your mother ( Jocelyn ) but infant shadow-hunters have rituals performed to protect them from demonic influences.
What I'm trying to say is Jo-Jonathan had a twin that we believed was dead and so is my-my son- my first son before Alec.
All because we didn't perform these stupid rituals, Jocelyn didn't seem too sad.She was already shock by Jo...Jonathan but there is a rumour that your brothers twin was taken and is alive."