A Broken Boy

I sat in between the two Weasley twins as we sat and ate breakfast. My boyfriend, Fred, would occasionally glance at me when I would play with my hair. He would then place it back behind my ear and continue eating.

"I almost feel bad for Malfoy. His girlfriend cheated on him, and with a Griffindor boy as well," Ginny stated, placing her warm coffee mug back down on the table.

"I do too. He changed when they started dating, for the better, surprisingly, but I don't understand why she'd cheat on him," I confessed. I shivered from the slight draft that entered the room. Fred rested his hand on my thigh. Like always, he would occasionally rub it, but it mostly stayed put on my leg.

"It's Malfoy, he'll be better by next week," Harry huffed.

"But you have a different relationship with Draco than what I do. You continuously stir him up so that he goes off. He's actually pretty nice when you get to know him," I told Harry. Even though the Weasleys didn't like Malfoy, they would still support my feelings towards him. Since Fred had finished eating, I rested my head on his shoulder to which he swung his arm around me and then placed his head on top of mine.

"Why are you so nice to him?" Ron asked, finishing off his toast.

"The first time that I ever went on the train I didn't know anyone. I saw that there was an empty seat in an compartment. It just so happened that Draco, Goyle and Crabbe were in it. I introduced myself and had a good conversation with Draco. Crabbe And Goyle fell asleep within the first few minutes while Draco and I chatted the whole time. Ever since then, Malfoy and I have been somewhat friends. I'm nice to him, therefore he's nice to me," I explained.

"Anyways, I've got to go," I sighed, standing up and wiping the wrinkles off of my skirt. Everyone mumbled their goodbyes as Fred stood up and followed me.

"Where do you think you're going?" Fred asked, entwining our fingers.

"Well, I was trying to get away from you," I joked to which he laughed.

"Nah, I was just going to go get my books ready for class."

"I just remembered that George has my stuff. See you later, babe," he kissed my nose and quickly ran back to the Great Hall.

• • •

After the school day had finished, I just roamed the school looking for something interesting. I noticed that a boy had been sitting in the exact same place for most of the school day. I would've asked what wrong, but I was always rushing off to class or to Fred. This boy had his face buried in his knees and his green tie was poking out from the black school cloak.

"Draco?" I asked, bending down in front of the boy. His head slightly poked out from his knees.

"Y/N?" Draco sobbed. I couldn't bare to see the sight of him, red bloodshot eyes and looking so lonely. I sat next to him and placed my arm around the fragile boy. He leaned into me, his sobs are slowly descending to nothingness.

"What happened?" I asked, stroking his hair.

"The girl that I want the most, the girl that I love, I can never have," he sobbed. I knew that I'd never find out who this girl was, so there was no point asking. Instead, he moved his head to my lap. I slightly shivered as I felt his cold tears run down my leg.

"You alright?" He chuckled, slightly smiling. He had mostly stopped crying, but the occasional sob would escape his lips.

"I'm fine."

A pair of feet were making their way towards the fragile boy and I. I looked up and smiled as I saw Fred looking at the pair of us.

"I'm sorry, Draco, but Y/N has a study date," Fred interrupted. I smiled at him since he was being so polite to Malfoy even though they hated each other.

"Y-Yeah, sure," Malfoy mumbled, removing his head from my lap and resting it against the wall.

Fred grabbed my hand and helped me up. He held onto my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"I love you," He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I replied. With my reply, he kissed my cheek which left me blushing.

• • •

"Hey, are you alright?" Blaise asked since I hadn't said anything for the past half an hour.

"Tiger-Lily cheated on me with Seamus," I whispered to him since he was sitting next to me. When I leaned back into the couch, I saw Blaise go wide eyed.

"She said that she likes bad boys, Seamus couldn't even hurt a fly," Blaise mumbled, leaning back into the couch. I let out a small laugh at his joke.

• • •

First up I had a class with Tiger-Lily and Seamus. I couldn't watch them. She was practically sitting on his lap the whole time.

After class, I had just sat outside in the hallway. No one had noticed, not even the teachers. My own friends just let me sit there and cry. I sat there for hours.

As people walked past I heard them gossip about Tiger-Lily and I. I thought that I would be sad that she had cheated on me, but I didn't feel anything. She had become too clingy towards the end of our relationship, anyways.

Y/N had noticed that something was wrong. It was nice being in her embrace. I loved listening to her talk. She had a way of making someone instantly feel better.

I hated that she was dating Fred Weasley. Fred Weasley, of all people. He would make her laugh and that's about it. I've never seen them be affectionate before, so it was weird seeing them walk away, hand in hand.

My blood boiled at the sight of them. The way that she looked at him, the way that he whispered in her ear, I could go on and on about how wrong it is.

"The girl I love, I can never have," I sighed to myself, rubbing my thumb over the pages in my transfiguration book.

"Because she just walked away."

I felt the tears slip down my face once more. At this point, I didn't care who saw that I was crying because the only person that I wanted to notice is too busy with her boyfriend.

I want her to look at me the way that she looks at Fred.

I want her to smile at me the way that Fred makes her.

I want her to blush when I kissed her in public.

I want her,

but I can never have her.