The Ravens

Days continued to pass, the wind rapidly increasing its force all while the clouds circled with the upcoming storm.

Emptying his stomach once more into the vast of the ocean, he leaned next to the post while the breeze cooled his sweating forehead.

No matter the days he'd spend traveling along side his brothers, Ivar could not become accustomed to the sway of the boats. Some days he'd be able to hold his fluids in but become nauseous and even more irritable. But days like this is when he yearned for Kattegat.

"Ivar, perhaps its time for us to-"

"NO!!!" He yelled back.

His eyes piercing through the men as he steadied himself to sit up straight.

"We will not turn back until we've found that land, and rid of their riches." His voice low and demanding, while some only seemed to brushed off the stubbornness others began to speak up, "We've already sailed farther than your brothers. We're running on low with the mead and food. That land might no longer exist."

Once again, slamming his hands hard onto his knees as hard as he could to feel some pain he yelled, "AYE! We have! And I will sail and conquer farther than that of my father as well!"

"With starving or dying men!?" Another yelled.

He smirked now, the eyes of the men had all been casted towards him.

All while his position above the others could give him access to the plain view of the blue ocean, he caught sight of his prize.

"Aye. With the men who follow me into battle, to raid and riot of these other pathetic lands who will bow at my feet and Vikings will rule all great grass plains and mountains." He now stood, his legs shaking and even more useless as ever as he struggled to stay tall and proud. "With the men who have faith in me and my word. To help our people prosper."

He raised his hand to point, all eyes quickly turned to witness the ruined landscape.

Three large mountains with little to no green plantations sprouting from the ashes of the fossilized organisms.

"There!" He shouted once more, "There is where our destiny lays. In those mountains we will find the treasure that will set our victory in stone. Where we will fight, die and celebrate alongside our brothers in Valhalla!" His promising speech earned the howls and cheer of his fellow Viking men.

Tapping the crutches onto the wooden floor, chanting along with his men as they released the sails to move forward with the force of the wind.

Deep cerulean eyes pierced into the decaying ruins of the ancient humans who lived as equals beside the dragon empire.

Massive stones carved to resemble the creatures at the edge of the water, warning those who dare come near perhaps.

Ivar smiled, his aspirations were becoming a reality and now more certain than ever of his victory to win Rhaenella.

"And in the burning flames of the dragons lair, hides the greatest treasure to ever find."