two

brooklyn...

When Logan woke up next, he was laying on his side on a soft as hell mattress, the sun was rising behind the buildings and his phone was buzzing excessively in his pocket. His head was feeling heavy and his hands fumbled for his phone, answering without checking the caller i.d. He could feel the pressure of a small but firm body against his legs, but paid it no mind as a panicked voice burst through the speaker.

"Hello?" He mumbled, eyes still firmly closed.

"Oh thank god!" The voice of his best friend and parabatai Izzy Lightwood came through the phone. "I was so worried about you! Our bond was fading, god don't scare me like that Logan!"

"I'm really sorry Izzy." Logan said, his voice weak and tired.

"What happened? You missed the mission so much happened."

"I did a job for a warlock and was poisoned by these guys after innocent warlock children." Logan winced. "He healed me but I must have passed out."

"Logan Lockwood. Noble to a fault." Izzy chucked and Logan grinned even though she couldn't see him. "When will you be home?"

"I'll be back home in the morning. I'm a little tied up in the sense I have an four year old warlock sleeping on my legs right now." Izzy giggled.

"Do you want an update on the mission?"

"Do go on."

"Well, we got to the club, Jace went and spoke to the shifter and as he tried to kill her this redhead stopped him. She killed a demon with the seraph blade, but it's like she has no idea about this world. Jace ran after her and she was poisoned by a Ravenor demon. She's unconscious in our infirmary right now."

"Damn." Logan said lowly, stretching his neck to the side as it cracked and he sighed in relief. "Listen, gotta go Iz, but meet me at Taki's at ten?"

"I'll be there." Izzy promised. They exchanged goodbyes and Logan ended the call, dropping the phone on the mattress as he decided to open his eyes and actually look around. First thing he saw was the red silk sheets on the bed, followed by the bookshelves filled with ancient books and immediately realised he was in Magnus' room. He looked down at his legs, and realised that someone must have changed him since his jeans and button down were gone, replaced with a dark blue tee and a pair of grey sweatpants. Maggie was sleeping, her head on his legs. Carefully, Logan moved his legs out from under the warlock, slipping a pillow under her head before exiting the room.

"You're awake!" Magnus smiled brightly, catching Logan by surprise as he smiled at the warlock.

"Mmm, my head is killing me. But i'm okay." Logan nodded. "Where's my stele?" The warlock pulled the blue and red stele from his pocket, handing it to the shadowhunter who thanked him. Not caring that Magnus was still staring at him intently, Logan raised his t-shirt to show off the parabatai rune that was printed over his heart, running the stele over it and sighing when it burned hot signalling the restored connection.

"What are you doing?" Magnus asked curiously, never having seen a shadowhunter touch a parabatai rune.

"The connection was disrupted when I got poisoned." Logan explained. "Izzy could barely feel me."

"Makes sense." Magnus nodded. Logan dropped the shirt, his dark brown hair falling in his eyes as he shook his head.

"What happened to my clothes?"

"Jessica burned them. They had poison on them." Magnus tossed him his jacket. Outside the sun had risen above the buildings, and Logan realised he'd have to head off in order to meet Izzy for breakfast. But one more drink wouldn't harm him.

Two hours later found a slightly drunk Logan sitting in a restaurant with his parabatai, chugging a mug of hot coffee and eating scrambled eggs and sausages. Izzy was sitting opposite him, stuffing her face with bacon and eggs.

"How are you feeling?" Izzy asked once she swallowed, dragging her thick black locks into a messy bun and out of her face.

"I'm alright." Logan nodded, finishing his plate. "A little drunk, but that's what happens when you agree to drink at six am with a warlock." Izzy shook her head in amusement, a smile gracing her lips.

"You're an idiot."

"I'm living in the moment, Izzy!"

The insitute was relatively quiet when Izzy and Logan got back, the two of them going their separate ways once they hit the bedrooms. Logan made a beeline for his, unsurprised when he found Jace laying on his bed spinning his stele in his hand.

"Sup Wayland?" Logan asked, draping his jacket over an armchair and pulling off his shoes before flopping onto his bed beside Jace, face buried into the mattress.

"Izzy said you got hurt yesterday. You alright?" Logan shrugged, keeping his head down in slight exhaustion.

"Nothing I couldn't handle." Logan assured Jace, sighing when he felt Jace's hands massaging the muscles in his back slowly but thoroughly. His body melted into the mattress, letting Jace work his magic on his back. Sometime later Jace trailed his lips over Logan's neck, ghosting kisses along his spine as his hands trailed under his top against the bare skin of his back sending shivers across Logan's skin. He felt Jace smirk against his neck, his lips seeking out the one spot behind his ear that had him biting his lip in order not to let any embarrassing sounds escape his lips. Before long Logan's top had been discarded and Jace had forced him onto his back, pinning his hands beside his head as they kissed deeply for a while.

Neither boy would admit that their 'casual sex' was so much more, no matter how much their parabatai's would pester them about it. But for now, this would be enough for both boy, and their world was about to get even crazier real fast.

authors note

this one is hella short bc i need to get into the actual show. next chapter will show clary waking up and meeting izzy, alec, logan and jace.

date written ; 30 / 12 / 2017
date published ; 18 / 04 / 2021
edited ; yes
word count ; 1090