Chapter Three

My phone buzzes in my back pocket while I scrub the toilet. Everyone here is too lazy to do so I have to do it. I take off my yellow gloves and throw them into the bucket I wash my hands and check my phone.

I'm in town tonight

It's a text from sam the only person who saw good in me. Trust me I know it's hard to see it but it's there. I send her a quick "I'll text you soon" and shove my phone into my pocket. I go back to my register I'm met by a group of guys in my school's old uniform. Thank god they have no idea who I am I'm not exactly embarrassed about working here but I don't like the idea of rumors spreading.

The day drags on and on while I take orders and clean up. Six rolls around and I clock out I get into my car and drive home. I rush in and charge my phone for once and get in the shower. I didn't bother putting on makeup today. The water rushes down me and I can feel the water take away my day.

After my shower, I go to my room and pick up my phone and dial Sam. She picks up on one call.

"Hey."

"Wanna go out?"

"Sure Laur...have you saw the trending page on youtube?"

"No. Why?"

"You're on it."

"Hey, I will pick up in like thirty minutes, uh I'll see you."

"Yeah See you."

I click on the youtube app and my video has an at least a million views. I sit down on my bed still in my towel. I look through my comments and I see some nice ones and some trolls. Then there's one that really gets me.

I bet she's really a big bitch She's so fake

The user is some dude with a roger rabbit profile pic and his name is just "Steve." Whatever It's just some insecure loser. I put my phone down and go to my closet I pull out black skinny jeans. I pick out a light blue off the shoulder top and black converse. I used to dress so much uncomfortable. I brush out my hair and I do my makeup. I get my bag and things I make my way to Sam's.

Her house is a small and beautiful home in a gated community. She lives here with her dad I get out of my car and before I could knock she opens it. She's in light blue shorts, a red crop top, and white converse. Her makeup is natural but that's okay because she doesn't need it.

I always envied her in high school and that's why I bullied her until the tenth grade. She didn't care she didn't have to try and make people like her. Boys loved her it's not hard to fall in love with her.

"I've missed you, so fucking much." She pulls me in for a hug.

She lost her brother over the summer due to his drug problem.

"I missed you too."

We stay like that for I don't know how long we both need it. But, I guess she needs it more than I do.

"Let's go to our favorite place, I want a milkshake." She smiles and nods in agreement.

Once in my car, we start to sing along to our favorite songs. Her mood is brighter and she's acting like herself again. She tells me about her life in new york and her boyfriend, her job, her school, everything.

"Well, Jonathan and I met because of a friend," she says. "What about you are you seeing anyone?"

I shake my head "My last boyfriend was Zach."

"So how long have you been on youtube?" she asks.

"A little less than a day." her face is very much shocked.

"Yeah, I don't know how either."

"Lauren, that video was funny you weren't even shit faced drunk yet you were having trouble."

"yeah, I guess it was funny."