Chapter 1

16/04/2020

My hands shake as I fix my tie. 

This was probably the stupidest idea that I have ever had. I mean honestly who marries a woman after only knowing her for two months and only going on two dates. 

Angelica is sweet and all but this is ridiculous of me. I should just call off this whole wedding before I ruin my life.   

There's a light knock on my door before it opens. My mother, Rene White, slowly walks in and smiles. Her red hair shines under the florescent lights but her eyes shine brighter with unshed tears.

"My little boy is getting married." She says and grabs my shaking hands. Her smile immediately calms my nerves and I smile back.

"Oh your shaking, my dear. Don't worry you and Angelica are not going to be able to take your eyes off of each other when you see each other." She smiles and kisses my cheek. 

"You should get going. It's almost time." Mom urges me and I tug at my tie one last time before following her through a few doors into the extravagantly big church. I quickly take my place as the music starts and people start walking through the double doors. My eyes scan over the people in the church.

It's mostly fellow businessmen and family members from both sides. I notice the Miller family except for Mr. Miller and Angelica of course. Beatrice Miller is Mr. Miller's wife. Together they have Paul, Riley and Jade Miller. All the siblings are older than Angelica Miller and only Paul is married at the moment.

I can see Angelica's sibling resemblances only with Paul who has the same inky black hair but with brown eyes. The black hair comes from Mr. Miller and I would guess the green eyes came from Angelica's mother. My mom and dad sit on the other side of the church with Dylan and Dayana, the twins.

My eyes catch the white glowing of a wedding dress. I gaze up at the brides face.

Angelica is a vision of beauty. She has that effortless beauty that makes her look regal like a queen. Her face is clear of heavy makeup letting her dash of freckles shine under the yellow glow of the candles and an intricately done hairstyle. Her dress floats around her as she makes her way towards me.

A sudden thought occurs to me as I gaze at the woman coming closer. Angelica looked better in overalls and dirt. 

I was suddenly thinking of the first date we went on. It was her idea that we should go on a picnic to make our relationship seem intimate and as if we were trying to keep it secret. I rolled up in casual clothes and she showed in overalls. There were dirt-stains on her knees and hay in her hair yet it completely suited her, much more than this wedding dress.  

Mr. Miller places her hand into mine. Her hands are calloused and have a strong grip on them. Something that makes me regret ever thinking soft and frail hands was what I wanted.

"I do." Her voice is soft but crystal clean.

"I do," I say and I give her hands a little squeeze.

"You may kiss the bride." The priest says.

I gently tug on her hands to bring her closer. I stare straight into her mossy eyes, almost as if asking if I may. I don't want to kiss her without her consent and if she doesn't give it I would kiss her on her cheek.

I do hope she agrees because now staring at her rose-colored lips I can't help but feel the desire the kiss them.

Angelica gives a small nod and I don't waste any time. I bring my lips to hers and I softly kiss them. My eyes close needing only to feel my sense of touch. Her lips are so soft in contras to her hardworking hands.

A feeling of exhilaration flows through me and I smile a little pulling back. Angelica slowly opens her eyes and smiles too. Her cheeks tint a little red and I can only think mine would too. Mine would probably just be ugly because of my pale skin. My neck and face would turn a splotchy red and not a light dusting on the cheeks.

"I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. White."