Chapter 10

Previously on Forgotten, chapter 9...

    You opened the door, and stepped into the main part of the apartment. Morro was speaking to Soul Archer, but the second you walked in his eyes- like lightning- glimmered towards you.
    "Ah, girl," he announced your entrance, wafting his hand for you to come forth, "Come, come."
    Soul Archer, once Morro turned his attention, dipped his head and just like that- starting from the legs up- dispersed into a green toxic mist which evaporated into the air.
    "Did Caseem by any chance tell you anything?" Morro asked, snapping you back to him. He didn't move a muscle, meaning he was waiting for you to actually come over.
    You started to make your way over to him at a slow pace, shaking your head, "Just that you needed me..."
    "I do need you, that is correct," Morro nodded, crossing his arms over his chest, "You are finally going to come to use in destiny's time. Today though, I will show you what will be expected of you, where, and when."
You frowned, not really fully following through with his words, but you didn't say anything to it. What did these ghosts have planed for you?

o~O~o

"Do we have to take the dragon again?" You groaned, your hand placed upon your forehead as you sighed.
    Morro stood a little bit away, his arms crossed and eyes narrowed at you. A part of the dragon was looped around his form, as it nudged his neck with it's hook as if begging for his attention.

You were needed for a mission. You were finally being used and becoming productive rather than just sitting in the apartment and looking pretty.
You didn't know if you were relieved from boredom or nervous.... perhaps a little bit of both. Of course you weren't relieved to be helping criminals and their wicked plans, you just were happy to be out of that room.
Morro once again led you through Stiix, this time to the exit/entrance where you were told to go up to the ledge you first landed on. The one at the side of the mountain's face with the worn down shed.

"Would you much rather spend the whole day walking through a valley in the heat?" Morro brought up the point, quirking a brow at you.
You didn't answer, because he was right. But you disliked the dragon. The horrid memories of getting harshly grabbed and pulled up into the air. The sways and twists and turns and the gruesome look down. The uncomfortable feeling of literally being held by a dragon's claws by the upper body.
Morro 'tsk'ed a couple times, and as if code, the dragon unwrapped the man and lowered it's large head, at the same time lowering it's neck.
The raven haired ghost grabbed one of the dragon's countless horns and pulled himself up to be siting on its neck. He grabbed the chains which acted as reigns and turned to you with a challenging gaze. "Would you like to sit behind me? Perhaps it would be of better comfort."
Although his tone was sincere, his expression and eyes showed his cheekiness, and you immediately cursed to yourself.
You hesitated with the answer, even though 'no' was right at the tip of your tongue. It would actually be much better than putting your life in the hands of a dragon's grip, and being able to control at least some of it, but you just couldn't find a way to accept with his bold and quite brash look.
"No," you said as clearly and simply as possible.
Expecting some kind of reaction from the ghost, to your surprise and erg he just shrugged, "Suit yourself. Less things to worry about for me. Stay where you are then."

You put on the face of complete annoyance, you hissed out to yourself, 'that cocky little bastard!' as you watched him flick the reigns, and his dragon spreading it's large transparent mist like wings and pushing them down, sending its body up with a large gust of wind.
The wind forced pebbles and sand from the ground to rise in a cloud, making you raise your arm to shield your eyes from becoming blinded.
Once the dust cleared, you watched as the dragon gracefully circled back around and started diving, front claws out stretching as if it was a hawk swooping down for a mouse.
As you watched, your eyes widened and you suddenly regretted not hitting Morro up with that offer. The claws wrapped around your body, and gracefully rose you from the ground. You suddenly felt that surge in your stomach as you rose up off of the ground. You really, really hoped this ride wouldn't be that long.