Chapter 80

Tommy was driving Nikki to the wedding, as he clearly wasn't able to himself. He kept complaining about how sick he felt, and that he could throw up at any minute. Tommy felt kind of bad for him; even though it was his own fault and he did it knowing what the consequences would be. Still, Nikki was a former junkie, and to a certain extent, Tommy knew what that was like. "You'll be alright", he said calmly, taking a quick look at Nikki before turning back to the road. Thinking about it, Nikki did look kind of pale. Maybe they should have stopped... No, the guests could turn up at any time; it would be a disaster if the couple didn't show at all. "Tommy, stop the car", Nikki said, pressing his arm against his stomach, his voice all raspy. "Shit", Tommy whispered to himself, thinking that they didn't have time for this, but pulled over for Nikki's own good. As the Ferrari stopped, Nikki stumbled out as fast as he could and bent down. Tommy saw the brown puke hitting the ground, some of it making stains on Nikki's pants. This was not how their wedding day was supposed to turn out. As Nikki came back into the car, he wiped his mouth with his sleeve, looking down at his dirty pants. Some puke was still in his hair, but hell, they didn't have time to fix it. Tommy just made sure Nikki had his seatbelt on, because speeding was the only way they could get there in time.

They arrived ten minutes late, but it looked like it didn't matter; the guests still hadn't shown up. Tommy was the first one out of the car. "Oh my...", he exclaimed, "Where is everybody?" Duff looked worryingly over at Vince and Mick, who looked at Axl with the same expressions. Axl, by the way, was the only one who had shown up. "I'm so sorry", Duff said, almost whispering, "But I've only gotten a few messages from some of them saying they couldn't make it, because the invitations arrived so late". Nikki got out of the car as well, pressing his hand lightly against his forehead. He thought he had a fever of some kind. "What about Axl?", Tommy asked, a single trace of hope left in his voice, "You're here. Why couldn't everybody else make it?" Duff couldn't bear to break Tommy's heart one more time, so Mick continued what he had started. "He got the invitation early, remember?", he said, "We invited him on that website". Tommy looked at the ground, his hands deep down in his pockets. "Oh", he said, sniffling and then wiping his nose with the back of his hand. Nikki felt so sick, that even though the guests had made it, he couldn't have stood up long enough to even talk to them. He had to sit down for a while. Tommy dumped down next to him, on one of the decorative chairs Vince had put out. "I still love you, you know", Nikki said, trying to comfort his boyfriend, who could start crying at any minute now. Tommy sniffled again, and turned to Nikki. "I love you too", he said, tears slowly streaming down his face. Leaning closer, Nikki just hugged Tommy, feeling like it was the only thing he could do, especially since he had been part of ruining this day for the both of them. Tommy hugged him back, burying his face in Nikki's black hair. Duff came over to them. "You know", he said calmly, "I could still marry you. The stuff's still up and the food's here. Who cares about the guests? This day is about you two, not a bunch of people who didn't even care to show". Tommy smiled, wiping his nose and looking at Nikki with eyes red from tears. "Are you feeling good enough to do it?", he asked hopefully. Nikki nodded. "I'm never too sick to be with you", he said, wiping a tear off of Tommy's cheek with his thumb. They hugged one more time and got up, ready to spend the rest of their lives together.