Chapter 12

Baekhyun's POV

I waved to Kyungsoo before heaving my luggage up to the condo. Okay, I could do this, I told myself as I took a deep breath. I was Byun Baekhyun, and I never chickened out, especially when it came to meeting new people.

I knocked on the solid wooden door and waited for it to open up. After what felt like hours of waiting, I finally heard the sound of shuffling feet and the lock being unhooked before the door creaked open.

"Hey, come on in," the owner of the condo chirped. "Here, let me help you with that," he offered when I picked up my luggage. His voice was awfully familiar.

I stepped into his condo, taking in the unfamiliar sight. The floor was all polished, with only a hint of dirt smudged into the surface. A flatscreen T.V stuck to the wall, a glass coffee table situated in front of it with black leather sofas on either side. A large glass window, giving a full view of Seoul from up top , took up a whole length of the wall.

"Sorry if it's a little messy. I tried cleaning it up a little, though I'm not much of a cleaner."

"No it's fine-" My mouth clamped shut when I whirled around and got a good look at the owner's face. Holy shit. It was that guy that I had a huge crush on.

"Wait... I know you from somewhere," he squinted as he spoke. Then, he clapped his hands together in realization. "You're that guy from my favourite coffee shop, aren't you? And that guy that I helped when he had fallen!" I felt heat creep up above my collar and up to my cheeks. Why did he have to bring that up?

"Are your hands okay? From the fall?" He asked. I meekly nodded. He grinned. "I'm Park Chanyeol, by the way. I hope we can get along." Chanyeol stuck his hand out to me, and I gently took it.

"My n-name's Byun B-Baekhyun. I hope so, too," I stuttered. Gosh, out of all people, why did I have to stutter in front of him?

Chanyeol smiled that goofy smile of his that made my heart flutter while picking up my luggage again. "Here, I'll take these to my room."

"Your r-room?" There was that stuttering again.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind sharing a bed with me. I didn't have any extra rooms." I guess he noticed how red my face had gotten and how quiet I became, because he quickly added, "You can tell me if it's uncomfortable. I can sleep on the couch."

"No, no, no. I'll sleep on the couch," I quickly replied, waving my hands, trying to tell him that he didn't have to abandon his bed for me. "I don't want to take your bed."

"Come on. You're a guest. Guests need to be treated properly, so I'm letting you take the bed."

I started regretting this. I didn't want him to kick himself out of his own room just so I could use it. It was his room, anyway.

Chanyeol opened up a door to a room which I suspected was his bedroom. A few clothes were thrown out on the bed, some lying on the floor, but other than that, everything else was neat.

"Oh god," Chanyeol breathed out. "Um, sorry. I was kind of in a rush to get the door for you, so I didn't get time to put this away." He grabbed all his clothes that had been strewn around and tossed them into his open closet before shutting the closet. "Just make yourself at home, and I'll go prepare something for us to eat."

He was about to walk out when I called out to him. I didn't even realize I was speaking until the words left my mouth. "Hey Chanyeol, do you want to share the b-bed?" Fuck, what have I done? This was so awkward.

"You sure? Won't you be uncomfortable?" He asked.

I shook my head. "We're both guys, it's fine." Wow, I never thought I was capable of sounding so confident.

"Sure, if that's what you want."

Chanyeol's POV

I left the room and let him settle down while I came up with something for us to eat. Why did I suddenly get so awkward when he mentioned us sleeping in the same bed? I had been the one to bring it up, yet when he said it was fine, I felt so awkward, and the room had suddenly gotten very stuffy. Just the idea of sleeping in the same bed as him was enough to empty out my air tank.

I slumped down in a chair in the kitchen and tried to take my mind off of Baekhyun and tried to find something for us to eat. I wasn't much of a cooker, so when it came down to cooking, my options were very limited. But I wasn't planning on ordering anything. Not when I had a guest here.

~~~

"Baekhyun!" I shouted down the hall as I made my way to my bedroom. I opened the door to find Baekhyun laying on my bed, book in hand. "Baekhyun, dinner's ready," I told him, trying to avert my eyes from his pale stomach that was revealing under his short shirt.

"Oh ok," Baekhyun responded. He placed the book beside him and stood up, pulling his shirt down.

I led him to the kitchen and went over to grab the dishes full of food and set a plate down in front of Baekhyun before handing him a fork. I sat down in the seat opposite from Baekhyun, finding it a little awkward to sit right next to him.

Why was I being so awkward? I wasn't like this earlier when he first came, so why did I have to get so weird now? I thought 'shy' and 'awkward' weren't in my vocabulary, but apparently not.

"Is it okay?" I vacillated. "I didn't know what kind of food you liked, so I just made what I was best at. I hope that's okay."

"It's good," Baekhyun complimented. "I actually haven't eaten proper dishes in a long time."

"Oh. Is it hard being poor?" That was so stupid, Chanyeol. Of course it would be hard.

"Yeah," Baekhyun stated. "We didn't have enough money to buy food, and most of our money went to the room's rent. Kyungsoo and I usually just ate cheap things from the convenience store."

"Oh," I breathed. "But don't think about that now. You're staying with me, that life is now in your past."

He smiled warmly, continuing to eat silently. I guess this wasn't going to be as weird as I had thought.

~~~

Much shorter chapter! I'm sorry, I didn't want it to be this short, but I didn't know what else to add, so I just left it before it kind of got out of hand. And I'm so sorry I didn't update yesterday! I completely forgot about it! Please forgive author-nim!🙏
And yes, this was just a Chanbaek chapter, because I wanted some progress between these two, but next chapter will be back to Kaisoo, I think.
One more week left until Winter break for me! No! And today's New Year's eve! Well for me, it is. Is it New's years Eve for anyone else besides me?
Bye bye friends! Have a great New Year's (Eve, if it's New Year's Eve)! 사랑해요!❤️