Chapter Fifteen

I was getting tired of being a passenger. It had been three days, three fucking days. Not just of driving but of sheer hell.

After we had teleported back to the Hunters check in, Bastian had decided he needed to go back to his parents. I had argued but he had effectively silenced me by saying that he needed to get his stuff for the move and to release his Alpha Claim. He hadn't been entirely happy when he said it so I could only imagine just how much it grated on him to lose his Alpha position.

We had driven all the way there in one go, arriving close to midnight where he and his father nearly got into a brawl on the front lawn because Bastian told him he needed to leave the pack. Which had caused another brief moment of insanity where my skin had once again prickled incessantly with my anger and I had wanted to put the man in his place.

I shifted slightly in my seat, it was getting a bit... dangerous. My incredible need to put the arrogant assholes in their place was going to get me killed because I had verbally bitch slapped Bastian's father for calling Bastian a disgusting cripple. I swore that a pin drop could be heard a mile away as I had started in on him. Each little bit of vitriol and anger I had, had emerged from my mouth in the form of very disparaging comments towards him as the prickling had turned into that molten core stage where I wanted him underneath my foot and reduced to nothing.

I hadn't even thought about the repercussions of the words or my attitude until well after we had left but for his part, Bastian's father had stayed silent before he actually listened when I told him to get the shit done and over with because I didn't want to look at his disgusting face any longer.

Bastian had been... well not entirely impressed but once my tirade was over, he sent me for a time out in the car. Although I had a feeling that had a lot more to do with the fact he wanted me separated from the wrath of his parents as his younger brother had been brought out and they preformed some sort of ritual. I hadn't really paid attention. I had been too busy glowering at his father, wishing I had laser beam eyes so I could melt his skull.

My attitude was getting... worse. The longer I was around shifters, the worse it got. It was concerning for me because I had no possible way to back it up. I was truly mundane now, there were no claws or teeth that I could use to make someone back down if they took offence to my words or my attitude. Which I had thought had been Bastian's problem when he had steadily grown more and more dark and angry as he had loaded the back of the car with his shit.

He had been oppressively silent as we drove away from his pack and I had waited with a slight wince for when he would unload on me but he hadn't. Not when we pulled up to a cheap motel, not when we had cleaned up, and not when we gotten ready for bed.

He had paced though.

Incessantly paced back and forth, his fists clenching and unclenching repeatedly as he forced his legs to work evenly. I had watched him for a bit and I had another moment of insanity as I realized how goddamned sexy he looked angry.

Which lead me to asking him what was wrong and when he refused to answer I asked him if he wanted to have sex. Which caused him to stumble and nearly fall as he looked straight at me with wide eyes. I had stupidly blushed before saying that the best way to safely work out aggression was with some sex. Which ended up with, well... a shit ton of incredible sex. Like the kind that is all passion and heat, grasping hands and hair pulling, and ends with a hoarse voice and bones that feel like soup.

My cheeks heated and I glanced over at him as he slowly nodded his head to the music coming from the old radio. I shifted in my seat once more, my eyes darting to Bastian as he frowned slightly as he looked over at me. "Its okay. We should be coming to the end of the road." His fingers drummed against the center console and I clasped my hands together in my lap.