Abby Carmike And Kai's Return

AN: Alek's POV should clear up who Abby is and what he thinks of her. Diclaimer applies.

Alek's POV:

I watch Chloe sleep and pray for something to distract me from her beauty. I look down at my hands and when I hear a gasp I look up and see her bee hive hair. I chuckle and she looks at me with a confused expression. There's something else there too that I can't put my finger on. It...looks like worry and fear. Why would she be afraid and worried? I give away nothing as I smirk at her. "Can I help you, Alek?" I stand and think about what I heard her say in her sleep. I don't want to get any closer to her, but I feel myself slowly approaching her. Did she have a magnet in her or something? Her facial expression is cute and confused and I pray for that distraction again. I stop and without my permission my hands reach out to grab her arms. I make her stand and guide her to a mirror. Her face turns to shock as she just stares at her reflection.

We both start laughing and as we stand there I remember a mai girl from the LA pride I met once a long time ago. Her beauty never went unnoticed and her smile allowed her to get away with anything. Every mai boy worshipped her and every mai girl envied her. A knock at the door makes our mouths slam shut. We listen to see who it is and while Chloe doesn't seem to hear the soft crying, I do. I'm about to tell her I will answer it, but she's faster than me. "I'll go get it!" When she leaves I continue to think about the mysterious beauty I once met. I finally think of a name that seems to fit, Abby Carmike.

"Oh dear! The Uniter! I am SOOO sorry this is your first impression of me!" I immediately recognize the voice even if it is more mature and weak with tears. I rush to the door and see a girl who looks like an older Abby. She sees me and gives me her most flirty smile. My secret prayer is finally answered. "Hello, cutie! My name is Abby Carmike!" I gasp and Chloe looks at me. "Abby, do you recognize me?" She frowns and tilts her head to the side. "Should I know you?" I walk past Chloe and take Abby's hands in mine. I pull her into the apartment and Chloe shuts the door. This is the exact distraction I need from my blonde princess. I know what to say to make her remember. "That dress doesn't belong to you, kitten!" Her eyes widen. "Alek Petrov! Oh my goodness!" She wraps her arms around my neck and I sit down on the couch, taking her down with me. She gets off of me and sits on the other side of the couch.

Chloe sits across from us in the recliner looking like an angry kitten. I keep my eyes on Abby and smirk. Chloe has her human on her mind even after his death. Why can't I have some fun with someone I can kiss and touch? We laugh and flirt and I feel like I'm doing a good job of faking it when I see Chloe out of the corner of my eye and can practically see the smoke coming out of her ears. "Abby, what happened? Why were you crying?" I watch Chloe out of the corner of my eye as I brush a stray tear off Abby's cheek and see Chloe's hand flinch like she wants to hit me. Abby blushes and smiles, but her smile does not last long. "A pack of Jackals killed my parents along with half of the LA pride."

I gasp and hug her. "I'm so sorry, Abby! They will pay for this!" I hear a heartbeat speed up and look at Chloe. "Alek, what if it was Kai's pack?" I give her a loaded look, but it's too late. "Kai? Who the heck is that?" I look at Abby and gulp. "Kai...is a jackal! He's our friend!" Suddenly, we hear another knock at the door more frantic than the first. Chloe answers it. "Amy!" I relax until I hear what I was originally prepared for. "K-kai, why are you here?!"

AN: I think I successfully put Kai in this story! What do you think? Y'all, I have NO comments or votes on this story! Please comment and vote!